Chapter Three

I walk with Thomas to the homestead and I look around for anyone that's walking towards us. Nobody. Where is this guy? "He's out at work right now, best not to disturb in his work." He says sitting in his 'bed'. I nod and sit next to his bed and hug my knees. I put my head on my knees and continue to think things through in my head.

"Hey, you're okay." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I jump away from his hand on instinct and look at him. "Sorry..." I say softly. "It's okay, I get it." He said leaning into his hammock, that he seems to call his bed. "I'm going for a walk..." I say quietly and get up walking away from the homestead.

I look around and sigh. I can't believe I just woke up in the maze, it's not normal to just appear in a maze without any memory! I look around to make sure no one is looking at me and then start running towards the maze.

"Minho!" I hear a voice call out that I don't recognize.

I make it to the door and run to the intersection. I look both to my left and right and bite my lip. I turn to run to my right but someone pulls me back. "No! Let go of me!" I yell and try to fight out of the guys grip. He doesn't say anything, he just continues to pull me out until I'm back at the homestead.

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" I hear Newt's voice ask. I look up and see every reconizeable face. Newt, Thomas, Alby, and Minho. "It's almost time for the doors to close and you decide to run into the maze?" Alby asked and I look at Thomas. "She wants to know why she woke up in the maze. What makes her diffrent." He said looking at me. I don't know how he knew that, but he was spot on with that. They all turn towards him and then back at me. "And is that true?" Newt asks and I nod slightly. "How would he know that?" A guy asks from behind them. They turn behind them but they don't show the person. "Gally, go do your job." Alby says sternly.

They turn back to me as they the guy walks away. "What's up with him? And why does he hate us?" I ask and they just look at me. "He doesn't hate everyone, just Thomas and now you I guess." Newt said. "You're lucky he didn't punch you in the face." Thomas said and I smile a little. "Well after you pulled that stunt of running to the maze you're lucky a griever didn't get you." Minho said leaning back against a support bar. "Excuse me? What's a griever?" I ask and look at Minho, so do Alby and Newt. "A griever at a door?" They ask and he nods. "Yes, we had to exit through another door because it wouldn't move for awhile." He explained and I look at them. "What is a griever? Will someone please just listen to me!" I ask, my voice rasing with every word. "God, calm down greenie. You need to calm down." Minho says and I glance over at him. I roll my eyes and look at Thomas.

"How do you know what I'm thinking?" I ask him and he looks back. "I don't know, I just know I guess." Thomas says and shrugs like it's normal, but this isn't normal. "You two need some time together to see if you can figure this thing out." Alby says and looks at Newt. Newt nods and looks at me. "You're thinking the slammer right?" He asks to Alby but still looking at me. "Yep." Alby says and Minho smirks before walking away.

"You and Thommy are spending a night in the slammer together." Newt says as he looks me right in the eye.

"What?!" Thomas yells and stands up straight. "You heard me! And that is final! Stop acting like a child!" Alby yells back. "Then stop acting like our mom!" I stand up and yell. All three of them look at me with a stunned expression on their face. "Yeah, I'm right here and I can talk." I say and walk away.

I turn back at Newt, Thomas, and Alby. They're standing there watching me walk away, probably to make sure I don't go running back into the maze. I roll my eyes and look in front of me as someone walks up to me.

"Your name is Ameila right?" He asks and I nod a little. "And who are you?" I ask. "Gally." He said shortly and looked me up and down. I shift from one foot to another getting a little uncomfortable when he just continues to stare at me. "Come with me. You're putting your name in the wall." He said and started walking towards the wall. I look back at the homestead and the guys aren't there. I shrug mentally and run to catch up to Gally.

He doesn't talk to me as I carve my name on the wall, he just watches me. As I finish he takes the hammer and nail away from me and looks at me. "Stay away from Thomas." He says and I look at him really shocked. What? Why do I have to stay away from Thomas? "Stay away from the only person who's actually accepted me. Wow, that seems like a smart idea." I say leaning against the wall. "You don't get it Amelia! If you two make a connection this will all be gone!" He says his voice rasing with every word. I look behind him to see Thomas and Newt running over to us, well Newt's kind of limping. "No, I'm not staying away from him." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Then die." Gally says walking away from me.

"What just happened?" Thomas asked once he reached me. I watch Gally's back as he fades into the homestead. "Nothing, I just carved my name into the wall." I say and push past them walking away from them, away from Gally, away from Alby, and away from everybody.

I sit down against one side of the maze and look around.

Nobody comes up to me until the sun sets and Newt comes over to me and tells me to follow him.