Chapter Twenty Eight

As we run I realize how much I've missed this feeling. The feeling of being free and being away from everything...well except Minho and now a couple of other guys.

We're going to see a dead griever, I don't know what to think about that and I don't know what to expect. I've seen Grievers alive and I don't really want to see one again. I don't even want to see one dead. Even though it's dead, doesn't mean it still can't be deadly.

Minho leads us to the dead griever and I'm relived I don't have a weak stomach.

It's legs are in all different directions, it's green ooze is on the walls and everywhere on the floor.

I step back along with the other three guys that came with.

"Winston, come on help me get some of it out." He said. Winston takes a deep breath before walking over to Minho.

"I've never cut up a griever before." He says.

"Well of course you haven't suck face!" Minho says with an exasperated sigh.

Winston sighs and takes a closer look at it, and when I say closer I mean he takes one step towards it and is about 2 feet away from it. He plays with the machete in his hands and examines all of the legs sticking out in every direction.

I look at the ends if the corridors and hope that my plan will work, and that no one will find out what I'm going to do.

"Amelia!" Minho yells to get my attention.

"What?" I ask as the thoughts disappear.

"You were spacing off and Winston said he thinks he sees something inside the griever." He explains and I nod.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask and I look at the griever.

"Let me try first." He says and reaches for one of he legs.

He grabs it and starts pulling on one leg. He struggles to pull it out and ends up falling on his butt. I can't help but laugh. Minho shoots me a glare as he gets up.

He pulls me over to the leg. "You get it out." He says and I look at him. I shrug and start pulling at it.

I feel my feet sliding out from under me and I fight to stay on my feet. I feel it move a bit and I let go stepping back.

"Why'd you let go?" Frypan asks. "It moved..." I say and everybody exchanges nervous glances.

Minho steps forward again and starts pulling on it. He groaned and pulled harder.

I heard a pop and Minho fell onto his butt once more but the leg came with him.

We all step back as Minho stands up and looks at the still squashed griever.

He reaches into it and everyone cringes. "Minho, are you sure you should do that?" Winston asks but Minho ignores him.

He cringes as something squishes and he pulls something out of it.

He looks at it and everybody looks up at the sky.

"Minho, we need to go." The guy I've never talked to before says. "Clint's right. We need to go." Minho says and looks at us.

"Come on." He says and starts running back to the doors.

We all follow, me brining up the rear. I look around and then look ahead of me.

"Come on guys, the doors are going to close!" Minho calls and everyone starts to sprint at the doors. They all make it through and hunch over taking deep breaths.

I hear the doors begin to close and I duck behind a wall.

"Amelia?!" Minho's voice calls through the closing doors.

"Amelia, where are you?!" Thomas says in my head. I ignore him and try to block him out but he doesn't go. "What are you doing? Do you have a death wish?!" He asks again and I sigh.

"I need to find Gally." I say and I run down a random corridor.