Chapter Seven

I wake up and sit up, putting my hair up in a ponytail. It's earlier then I would wake up on a normal day but I'm going into the maze today. I need to get ready now. I pull on my shoes and look through my backpack to make sure I have everything I need. Once I do a mental checklist I stand up and put it on my back.

Minho runs up to me and nods. "Good, come on we need to get going." He says and josh over to the doors, not waiting for me to respond. I follow him and hope I keep my mouth shut. "You can talk Amelia." Minho says and I can almost hear the smirk on his face. I roll my eyes. "I just don't want to get sent back without even going in the maze." I say and he turns to look at me. "Already have something you want to say? This is going to be intresting." He says smirking and turning back around.

We walk to the maze doors and the runners turn to me. "You're staying with Ben and I, the rest will go on their assigned routes today. Ben you go first, and I will go behind you to make sure you don't fall behind. You'll be giving Ben directions on how to get there and make sure you focus on breathing so you don't pass out." Minho says waiting for the doors to open. I nod and look at Ben. He's tall, dirty blonde, and pretty built.

I watch as the doors open Minho gives Ben a nod and he runs into the maze. I follow him and then Minho.

I tell Ben to turn right and he does, I follow him and Minho urges me to keep moving. I nod and run faster.

I keep telling Ben directions and Minho keeps telling me to run a little bit faster in my ear. I try to keep my remarks to myself but one slips out. "Will you just let me run and not keep breathing down my neck?" I ask over my shoulder and I hear Minho laugh. "Suck it up princess, you're in the maze, we stick together or we get lost and if you get lost, you're not making it our of here alive." He says and that shuts me up I don't talk for the rest of the time until I give my last direction.

I look at Ben as he stops and holds out a hand to make Minho and I stop. I look at Minho as he walks up to Ben and looks around the corner.

"Did you wake up around the corner?" Minho whispers. "Yeah, why is that a problem and why are you-" I say getting cut off by Minho's hand over my mouth stopping me from talking. I look at him and keep from pulling his hand away from my mouth because if he shuts me up I know it's something that we need to get around.

"But in the middle of the day?" Ben asks in a whisper. "I don't know, it's weird but we need to get around it and make it move away from the point where she woke up." Minho says and I look at them. At this point, Minho has removed his hand from my mouth and is talking barley above a whisper with Ben anout whatever is around the corner. "What are you two talking about?" I whisper and they look at me. "Something you don't want to see." Ben says as we hear something begin to move.

My blood freezes as I recognize the sound from the day I woke up. "Run, we need to run." Minho says and starts running the way we came. I follow him closely and then Ben behind me. Minho is running as fast as he can and I struggle to keep up. The metal sounds are getting closer and closer. "We need to move faster!" Ben calls to Minho. He doesn't respond, he just runs a bit faster and makes a sharp turn. I follow him and catch a glimpse of what's chasing us.

It's a...I don't know what. It's a big metal creature with metal arms at random places on it's body.

I run faster seeing the thing that might kill me if I fall behind. "Minho!" Ben yells and Minho stops quickly and turns around. I stop before running into him and turn to see Ben falling closer and closer to the creature. "Ben! Come on!" Minho yelled and I see Ben struggle to run faster.

Something's wrong, he's not running fast enough and the creature is almost on him. "He-" He starts yelling but. Is cut off by something sinking into the back of his leg. "No!" Minho yelled from my side and the creature scurries away once Ben falls to the ground and goes limp.

Minho runs up to Ben and falls next to him. "Come on Ben, wake up." He says as he starts shaking him. I walk over to him and kneel down next to Minho. "Get the water out of his bag." Minho says, continuing to try to wake him. I nod and get the waterbottle from his bag. I give to Minho and he uncaps it, pouring it on Ben's face. "Nothing's working!" Minho yelled and throws the now empty waterbottle at the closet wall.

I look down at Ben and bite my lip. "What was that thing?" I ask and Minho looks at me. "That thing was a griever, they usually come out at night." He explains quietly. "Come on, we need to get him back to the glade." He says and stands up.

Ben's eyes sudden shoot open and he starts gasping. He looks around and his eyes lock on me. "You, you did this." He says quietly and I look at Minho and then Ben. "Wh-What?" I ask and before anybody says anything else I'm tackled to the ground.