Chapter 37

(A/N: I'll explain the picture at the end.)

We're all gathered in the map room. Runners, builders, everybody. Even Gally.

"Okay, we need to get out of here. Minho. Anything new in the maze?" Newt asks taking over for Alby.

I lean against the wall as idea after idea is thrown around the circle.

"There's this weird place in section 7." Minho suggests.

"We think that's where the grievers go during the day." Another runner says and I look around at the faces.

"I think we should go for it." I say and everyone looks at me.

I've been silent for the last hour or so and this is the only time I've spoken.

"What?" One asks.

"Trust the runners. Almost all of you don't know what it's like to be out there and let me tell ya it sucks! So just listen to the people who have run this damn maze day in and day out! They know it better than anyone so shut it and listen to them." I snap and everyone stands there for a second, not moving, or saying anything.

Thomas's hand finds mine and slips it into mine. He squeezes my hand and I take a deep breath as everyone looks at Minho.

"So section 7?" Newt asks and I look down.

"There's a door that opens. We think the grievers go there during the day. We've never really tried to go all the way in but there's no time like the present." Minho says and I look up at everyone carefully as they slowly nod.

"Let's do this. Let's get the weapons and go for it tomorrow." Newt says and everyone just don't move.

"Listen...I know a lot of you don't like me but I'm going to say this anyway. I know that you're sad, and it know you can't get the images of your friends dying out of your head. I saw Alby collapse right in front of me. I blame myself for his death, partially because it is my fault. When I got stung, I saw things and I know that they were all right. Even you Gally." I say and takes deep breath as Thomas squeezes my hand again. "I saw you, all of you in this maze, in the glade. I was one of them. I studied you for all of these years. The thing is that I am not that person. I want you guys to get out and I need to get out too. So please don't be so made at me you won't listen. I'm trying to help." I say and I look at everyone.

Thomas' hand has slipped out of mine and he's now rubbing his face, either out of frustration or confusion.

Everyone is just kind if looking at me and I take a step back from the table and walk out of the room.

I should've known that would not work. I made them hate me even more now. Even Thomas does.

"What did I just do to myself?" I mumble to myself.

A/N:
So the picture!

Ahhhh I'm freaking out my favorite hockey team is in the Stanley cup final and OMG!!!

So that's part of the reason I haven't been updating.

Also I have like no idea how to write these next parts!

Ahhh!

Sorry I saw pitch perfect 2 and Pentatonix was in it and the German group. Holy shit!

So sorry! I'll try and update more with the Summer.

Keep reading!

Keep voting!

Keep commenting!

Bye Runners!