Chapter 31

Thomas's P.O.V

I run into her room and I stop in the doorway.

She's all cleaned up. Blood doesn't cover her face anymore, her arm doesn't have that faint trail of blood it used to have.

But she's as pale as a ghost.

She looks dead, even though I know she's not.

I walk over to her slowly and kneel down beside her bed.

Tears spring I to my eyes as I take her limp hand in mine.

"Amelia, you need to wake up." I say softly and I hear someone walks to the room.

"Mate, people who get stung don't wake up right away." Newt says softly and I look down closing my eyes tightly.

"Do they all wake up?" I ask softly.

"Thomas, she'll wake up." He says and rubs my back awkwardly.

"You saw Ben! What if she isn't right when she wakes up?" I ask and he looks at her.

"Ben was different. They did something to him. He wasn't like that when he first saw Amelia. He saw her before...well before he attacked her. He didn't attack her then, during the changing...." Newt started and trailed off.

I look at Amelia and hold her hand tightly.

She can't leave us, just as everything is going crazy. She needs to be here to piece together what's happening and help me figure out how the three of us are different.

"Thomas...?" I hear the girls name in the doorway.

I look up and see her walk in as Newt walks out.

"Is she okay?" She asks sitting next to me.

I look at Amelia and shrug. "I don't know." I say softly.

"I hear her....yelling for help....arguing with somebody..." She trails off and my eyes from tears once again.

"Yelling for help?" I ask quietly.

"Yelling for help for the gladers...saying stuff like they need help,mind things like that." She says softly and rubs my back.

"Can you tell if she's going to wake up?" I ask as I feel my heartbeat in my throat.

"I don't know Thomas." She said softly and my heart drops to my stomach.

I look down at our hands together and I need to say things that I've been dying to tell her.

"Can you give me a second?" I ask her and she nods before getting up and leaving.

"So many things I wish I could tell you with you awake...well first I don't find you annoying. I know you think I do but I don't. I actually find you beautiful, charming, and quite funny." I start smiling a little bit.
"Um, second I really didn't want you to go into that maze. I was terrified for you, and I knew you were going to get hurt. I wanted to respect your choices so I laid off for the time. Now, I don't know what to do. Oh um, and third...I love you. I love you so much, it was like something clicked inside my head when I saw your body inside the maze. I knew that I loved you and the first reaction I had was, she had to be okay. She has to be okay. She can't leave me like this..." I say and trail off wiping away a stray tear that was rolling down my checks.
"You need to be okay." I say as more tears fall and my throat closes a bit, not letting myself go on.

I put my head on our hands and begin to sob.

She has to be okay, for all of us. She can't leave me when the glade is in panic because of the girl and Amelia getting stung, and Alby getting stung.

I continue to cry but as my tears stop Newt barges in.

"Sorry Tommy, but Alby woke up." He says and runs back to Alby's room.

A/N: Hey guys!
Emotional chapter!
He cried!
And Alby is awake!

Thanks for commenting and voting!

Keep commenting!

Keep voting!

Keep reading!

Run || Thomasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें