Chapter Twenty

He's in the maze, and it's my fault. No, it's not my fault.

Gally is a psycho.

He's insane.

He went berserk.

He's crazy.

He's not normal in the head.

This isn't my fault. Why would it be my fault? On right, I'm the one who sent him over the boiling point. I'm the one he beat up, the one who basically sent him into the maze!

But why...? What snapped inside his head? All of a sudden he snapped and ran into the maze? I don't know if that's really possible. I probably just added to his crazy, not caused it.

I didn't make him best me! I didn't make him hurt me! This isn't my fault! I shouldn't be beating myself up about this when I can't even help him! I can't help him mentally! He's the one that went crazy one me! Not the other way around!

"Earth to Amelia." Minho says waving a hand in front of my eyes and I shake my head, snapping me out of my trance.
"What?" I ask and look around.

He laughs softly and picks me up again. He walks out and back to the homestead.

"How'd it go?" Thomas asks and I sigh. "That good huh?" He asks and I smile a bit.

"Amelia? Why do you look like you're having a conversation in your head?" Minho asks as he sets me down in my hammock.

"What do you mean?" I ask and play with my fingers.

"You just kind of look like in your own world and you randomly sigh or smile." He says and I shrug.

"I um, I don't know. I never noticed that I do that." I lie and look up at him.

"Liar! You lie girl!" He says and I can't help my laugh.

"Okay um, how did you know?" I ask and he laughs.

"I do now! And you were playing with your hands. It's a tell that you were lying." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, I'll leave you with Thomas." He says and motions to Thomas walking over.

"So that bad?" He asks.

"Gally is in the maze Thomas." I say and he sighs.

"He's not going to make it." He says and sits down.

"I know. That's what I thought." I say and sigh.