Miss Encourgment

The ship crashes into him and plows through the planet's surface. He emerges from a small pile of scrap.

A blue blur wacks Thanos. I'm not sure what I should do. "Well, well."

The blue blur speaks, "You should have killed me." She readies her weapon. "It would have been a waste if parts!" She hits him with her metal rod.

The fight for a second until the girl realizes it's not doing much. "Where's Gamora?" She demands, before being knocked back. This must be Nebula, Gamora's sister.

Dr. Strange's magic comes by and grabs the gauntlet still attached to Thanos's hand. It's time for the final stage of this whole scheme.

Quill comes in, knocking him to his knees, Drax keeps him down. While Quill gets the other arm with his electric wire stuff. I fly in at the same time Spidey does. He webs the man's broad chest and I go behind him. I get the best hold on him that I can, then dig my wings into the ground.

Dad comes in, trying to pull the gauntlet off. Spidey mimics me with his metal spider legs. Strange creates the portal and Mantis drops down, landing on Thanos's shoulders.

Now, he's both physically and mentally restrained. But for how long?

Thanos screams, obviously trying to resist. "Is he under? Don't let up?" We're so close to this being over.

"Be quick! He is very strong." I try to encourage her. "Great job, Mantis! Keep focusing."

"Parker, help! Get over here." As Peter lets go I have to work a little harder. "Get over here, she can't hold him much longer. Let's go."

I can't help but feel uneasy when Quill lands in front of all of us. "I thought you'd be hard to catch." Then he claims the entire plan. It's almost like he doesn't understand how dangerous this whole situation is right now. One wrong move and we're all screwed.

"You're not so strong now, huh. Where is Gamora?"
"My Gamora."
"No, bullshit! Where is she?"

Thanos tugs a little and I panic slightly. "He is in anguish. He, he mourns."

Drax struggles to speak and hold the Titan's leg. "What does this monster have to mourn." This can't end well.

"Gamora. He took her to Vormir. He came back with the Soul Stone. But she didn't." Nebula sounds odd. Like she hasn't fully accepted it either.

When Quill lets Nebulas words sink in, he's going to flip out. I try to get a better grip on the man's torso. "Okay, Quill, you gotta cool it right now. You understand?" Dad must realize it too. "Don't, don't. Don't engage. We almost got this off!"

"Tell me she's lying."

"Quill! Don't do anything stupid!" I say that, but I know it won't stop him.

"Asshole! Tell me you didn't do it!" Quill continues despite our pleading. "I had to." Thanos struggles to speak.

"No, you didn't. No, you didn't." Quill hits his face with the gun a few times. Mantis takes her hands off his head. I brace for his attack.

Dad manages to stop Quill leaving Peter alone. "It's coming, it's coming. I got it, I got it!" That's when Thanos regains control, headbutts Mantis, takes the gauntlet back, throws Mantis, kicks Drax into Nebula and Quill, pulls Dr. Strange, and finally throws me backward.

My helmet engages too late, and I hit my head. I try to get up but none of my limbs will move. "Mai, engage autopilot. Emergency protocol." The light fades as Mai wraps the wings into a protective pod.

"Morgan! Morgan, where are you!" I try to answer, but my body just won't work. Mai speaks for me. "Parker. She is fine, it's a small head injury. I'm keeping her a safe distance away for now."

Every time I fall asleep, I get jostled around. Mai must think I have a concussion.

"Scan complete." Mai lands us and my wings pull apart. I look up and see Dad fighting Thanos. I get up and try to help him, but Peter pulls me back.

"Let me go!" He shakes his head. "Mr. Stark told me to keep you away. Peter has super strength, I know that. It doesn't stop me from trying to get away. "Goddammit, Peter." I give up and fall to the ground.

The fight continues, and it's not looking good for my dad. Thanos punches away the last bit of his helmet. Dad blocks his second blow.

Dad brings out a blade from his hand. Thanos rips it off, then stabs him. I stand back up and try to run. Peter stops me.

My vision blurs with tears. I hear speaking, but I can't understand it. Thanos raises his hand and Peter turns me around and holds me. I can't see it, but I know it's happening. My father is going to die.

I choke back tears and Peter holds me tighter. Until Strange speaks "Stop. Spare his life and I will give you the stone." I still don't turn around. I'm too scared.

Strange must know what he's doing. He looked into the future. This must be the right path. The last stone is safe, once he has the Time Stone, he'll be stopped, trying to get the sixth one.

"No tricks?"
Dad protests.
No one says a word, I'm still too scared to look.

I hear a small clink, Thanos has it. "One to go." Then there's shooting, I turn, and there's Quill. He sure is persistent. However, Thanos just steps into a cloud and vanishes.

Quill gets up looking quite frazzled, holding up his gun. "Where is he?"

Dad closes his stab wound on the front, while I take care of the back.

As no one answers him, Quill realizes that he's gone. "Did we just lose?"

Tony looks over at Strange. "Why would you do that." I think I'm the only one who trusts that Strange did the right thing. He knows the exact things that need to happen.

"We're in the Endgame now."

A:N: Sad chapter coming up. Grab some tissues and grab a stuffed animal before continuing.