Miss Sinclair

I'm not sure how long I was out. But I wake up to pleases for help. I quickly get up to find Pete. He's stuck somewhere.

"I'm coming, Pete!" The grunting stops. "Morgan?" I run following his voice. "Yeah, it's me, I'm coming to help. Keep talking so I can find you." He says my name a few times, it's so sad how broken he sounds. I find him completely buried. "Oh no, Pete, this isn't good. I don't know how much I can lift this."

I grab and get the best leverage I cant. But nothing seems to budge. I keep trying though, eventually, it starts to move. "Pete, I don't know how but I'm getting it." It continues to move upwards till it's out of my hands. "Morgan, move!" Pete yells and I get out of the way. He pushes it away and he's freed. I instantly hug him and he accepts it. "I don't want you to be a Spider-Pancake." His body moves a little as he laughs, he must be sore. "Hey, Pete, I can get a hold of Dad, he can take care of this. We'll get you to a doctor."

"No, no, no, I'm fine. I've got accelerated healing. This is my chance to prove myself to Mr. Stark. I need to do this." I nod, "Okay, but please don't get yourself killed.

"Morgan, go home, I can't put you in any more danger." I shake my head a few times. "No, this is my chance to prove myself too. I'll go warn Happy, he's probably still at the tower." We finally pull apart and I have half a mind to kiss him. But I know now is not the time, so I settle with a peck on the cheek.

Before my face shows all my embarrassment I take off to the tower.

I push the limits of my boots. In retrospect, not a great idea. I'm speeding as fast as I can but it still takes a while to get there. I look down at the city. I wish I had time to just sit down and enjoy it. But I have to get Happy.

Soon I fly into the tower where he's sitting "Morgan! What the hell are you doing here?" I forget to switch off my boots. "No time to explain, he's are trying to steal stuff on the moving jet!"

He stands up quickly, "What? Who is?"

"The Vulture! Pete is fighting him off this second! We have to help him." Happy looks away from me and now behind me, I turn to see what he's starting at. It's the moving jet. And it's crashing. "Just do what you can, I'm going to help Peter!"

"No! Morgan, you're going to stay here, Tony would kill me if he knew I let you leave." He grabs me by my wrist but I pull away and take off before he can actually try to stop me.

I don't get far though. My boots start to bug out and I lose altitude. "No, come on, no." I hit the boots together to hopefully fix the problem. Ten feet away from the ground they completely turn off.

Then I'm falling, again, but this time, Spidey isn't here to save me. In the few seconds that I'm in the air, I'm able to ponder my whole existence and the choices I made in life. I can also make one last promise to myself.
"If I live, I'm telling Peter how I feel about him!"

Then it's black.

I half wake up in an ambulance. They all rush and ask me what my name is and if I have a number to call. "Morgan Stark. My father's number is saved in my watch." Then I'm out again.

The next time I wake up it's in a hospital. I look around and see a middle-aged woman with a dark complexion and dark hair, in the corner, knitting something. "Uh, Miss? Who are you, where am I, what happened?" She gets up and sits on the stool beside the bed. "It's good that you are awake darling. We were scared you had a concussion, but we couldn't keep you awake. You fell from a building. Luckily only ten feet. You fell onto a car. You broke your left leg, and two of your ribs."

I nod, "Okay, and who are you?" She laughs at my bluntness. "I'm the owner of the car you fell on. I wasn't in it though, so don't worry. Your father paid me for a new one. Way more than what it was worth."

That does sound like him. Wait! My dad! Mr. Sinclair or Tony Stark? "Uh, he did, that doesn't seem like him, we don't have a lot of money." She laughs at me again, it's kind of irritating, "Ah, yes the billionaire is short on money." So she does know.

There's a knock on the door. I turn to see my dad, the real one, not the actor. "Excuse me, may I have a second with her." The woman leaves and Dad sits in her spot.

"Well, it looks like you spilled the beans. Now everyone knows you are Stark."

"What! How! What did I do?" He chuckles, "Well, you gave my number to a random lady. She won't stop calling me. I think she's hitting on me, but I keep dropping hints." It's my turn to laugh.

"I lied though, it's just her and some of your nurses and doctor. But I don't know if I can keep Ms. Lane from running her mouth."
He looks me in the eye, it's serious time. "I'm giving you a choice. Stay in hiding as Morgan Sinclair. Or we can have a press conference announcing, after you're all better, that there has been a secret Stark child for the last fifteen years." I contemplate it. I'm already getting in danger as Spider-Man's partner, so the danger of being Iron Man's kid would be less scary. Then again, for these last few weeks, I've loved the normal lifestyle.

"Think about it kiddo." He pats my knee and gets up. "We'll move you to your new room upstate in a few hours. You can tell me after that."

"Hey, Dad! Is Peter okay, did he stop the Vulture?" He looks back before he leaves. "I'll let him explain that to you."

I expect Pete to come through the door, it seemed like perfect timing. But I look at the clock and see he's just gone to school. Not everything is like the movies.