Miss Angel

(Early update for you all since tomorrow I might not remember to update.)

I'm standing on the roof. It's not as high as I've ever been, but it still makes my legs weak. After falling twice from a dangerous height, the irrational fear becomes pretty damn rational. "Peter, you're going to catch me if this fails right?" He's standing behind me with a web already wrapped around my chest.

"Of course, but your dad isn't one to fail." Everything in my mind screams for me to step away. I'm don't tend to follow orders, even from my own mind. So I jump and my rockets instantly kick in. The wings spread out and I'm flying extremely well.

This makes me wonder how the suit even works. Before it worked by me telling Mai various commands. Inefficient I know. "Mai,  how does this work anyway?"

"The suit as billions of sensors. They all take in the information around you and determine how the boots and wings should react." I shift my weight to my left and turn back towards the facility. When I get close to the roof I stick out my legs and brace for impact.

It all works out and I land safely. "Peter! Peter! Did you see that? I flew and landed and I'm okay!" I run into a hug. For some reason, after that night I've been extremely touchy. Hugging almost anyone for any reason I can.

"Yeah, you did great. See, you have to trust yourself." I rip away from the embrace and jump up and down. "This is amazing. I know that with my old stuff I flew, but it was hardly flying, more just fancy gliding."

Peter laughs with me and I am just filled with happiness and excitement. "So what are you going to call yourself?"

That's a good question. I had only thought of it as "The Angel" but that's too simple and in your face. "Well, I'm not sure. I mean as soon as I'm in the media they’ll find their own name for me."

"That's true, it's hard to get people to change what they call you." He smiles the sweetest smile. "Are you speaking from experience, Spider-Boy." He makes an angry face, but I know better than that.

"You love that nickname. Don't try and deny it." I flick his nose and he grabs me by my waist, pulling me close.

"Only by you, Angel." The name makes me cringe. It really doesn't fit me. "Ugh, no. I hope they figure out a better name." We laugh and relish in the moment of pure joy.

"So is this the time?" The burnet asks me. It takes me to a moment to understand what he means. "Well, it was, asking kinda ruins it don't you think?" He smacks his forehead with the heel of his hand. "Dammit, Ned told me asking was in nowadays." I clutch the side of his face and peck the other. "Consent is cool, yes. But sometimes it's kinda obvious. And since when is Ned your expert on love?"

He pouts, clearly wanting more than just a quick kiss on the cheek. "You're adorkable, but I should really test this out some more"

I leave him and try and take off from the roof this time. Instead of in mid-air. I fly overhead spotting various training grounds. I eventually run into Sam, who is currently on the ground.

"Look at you, we're wing buddies. You have to race me some time." He yells up at me, I debate stopping but I know he's got stuff to do. So I give him a thumbs up and fly off.

It's really nice up here. As long as I don't think about that night. 'That night.' Now I'm thinking about it. I start to panic and my weight moves. The wings do their best to figure out what's going on. Peter's voice rings through my helmet. "Breathe, Morgan, Breathe. You are okay, just calm down and land. I'm headed to you right now."

I do as he instructs. I'm able to calm myself down, land, and wait for Peter. It's not long till he's here, rubbing my arms, his way of telling me I'm safe. "Thanks, I really need to just get used to the high altitudes. Let's call it a day, huh?" He nods and grabs my hand. We walk to the facility and Dad is there to greet us.

"You did great! Now after some S.H.I.E.L.D. training, you'll be prepared for the real deal." He hugs me and pats my back, it's kind of awkward since my wings were in the way.

"Well, Peter and I are going to get changed. Then we should probably head back. I want to get settled back in before going to school." With that, we leave for my room. The wings are made of lightweight material so it doesn't hinder my movement. At least when they are tucked into the "backpack."

"You can change out here. I'll go to the bathroom." I say when we enter my room. "Okay, take your time." Peter waves to me and smiles. That damn smile of his. Could melt my entire body.

I close the door and look in the mirror. "Now how do I get this stuff off again?"