Miss Passive-Agressive

“Morgan!” MJ yells and waves to me. Peter follows behind. “So, what have you been doing without me?” She wraps her arm around my shoulders. “Not much, I just bought a snack and walked around. Looking for you know who.” No need now, MJ found him for me.

“Oh, great, well you two have fun.” She walks off and pulls out her phone. She's probably going to take more photos.

“Peter.” I greet in an almost passive-aggressive tone. “Uh, hi.” I can't help but stay mad over this. Why was he avoiding me? I should just ask him.

“Morgan I don't know why you thought I was going to break up with you, but I'm not.” Peter looks at me, I can tell he's being genuine. However, I can't accept it until he explains more.

“Then why are you avoiding me?”
“I had something to do, and I did it.”
“No, on the plane. You went right back into the bathroom as soon as you saw me.”
“That's not what you think it was.”
“Then what was-” He puts his index finger on my lips. “Hey, quiet for a second.” He looks over to a manhole.

“What's going on?” That's when something emerges from the water. I hear screaming as a boat comes crashing towards us.

Both Betty and Ned are inside. Peter and I jump into action, making sure the two are safe. “Betty! You okay?” MJ runs across the boat and pulls Betty along with her.

Ned gets out, and I look over at the water. Some kind of monster is forming. The boys hold onto each other and start to freak out slightly.

“Ned! We have to get out of here.” They finish their conversation then Ned comes towards us. We all start running while Peter is left behind.

The four of us end up hiding in a building far away from the disaster zone.

Eventually, Ned notices the time. “It's three. We're supposed to meet up with everyone.”

“I think Harrington is going to understand!” I state louder than I mean to. “Sorry, I'm just a little irritated. Vacations aren't supposed to be stressful!”

Back at the hotel, I sit on the steps with MJ while Ned researches the water monster.

“It's aliens. It has to be.” Wouldn't be the first time, and certainly won't be the last.

Of course, Flash had to join in. “BuzzFeed says there's a sailor, named Morris Bench, who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro-powers.”

Great, we're listening to BuzzFeed now. “Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet.”

Flash rolls his eyes as he says, “Spider-Man could take him.” I laugh, 'sure didn't seem like it today.'

The TV is on, but I have no clue what it's saying. Italian wasn't a language I had much interest in.

My mind goes blank as I stare at the screen, waiting for MJ to tell me anything important.

“Who is that guy?” Betty asks.
Brad throws in his two cents, “He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one.”
Flash scoffs. “He's all right. He's not Spider-Man.” Oh, the irony.

“What is it with you and Spider-Man?” MJ and I have spent so many hours talking about how Flash probably has Spider-Man pictures all over his bedroom.

“What? He's just awesome, okay?” Peter walks in with perfect timing. “He protects the neighborhood and, you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man.” Flash notices Peter. “Sup, Dickwad! Thought you drowned.” Flash ends his sentence with a wink.

“Remember that bird chick that used to fly around with him?” My heart stops at Brad's words. I awkwardly chuckle, “Yeah, wonder whatever happened to her.”

Everyone's heads turn back to the TV. “Flash has a crush on Spider-Man. It's all but confirmed.” MJ laughs at my joke.

“Sounds like his name's Mysterio.”
“'L'uomo del misterio.' Is Italian for 'man of mystery.' They don't actually know who he is.”

Ned repeats the name. “Mysterio?” Everyone liked the name.

“So, how much of that did you see?” Peter ask MJ since it's obvious why he wouldn't care if I saw or not.

“Not much. I was running.”
“Right. Me too. I was also running. Away.”

Now Peter directs his questions towards me. “So, Paris tomorrow. Going to the Eiffel Tower. Should be great.” I don't acknowledge him, but MJ does.

“Yeah, I read it was secretly built as a mind control antenna to create an army of the insane. Which, is why it's my favorite destination on the whole trip.”

It's silent for a moment before I get up. “I'm going to the room for the night.”