Miss Pain

When I try to pull Peter and the wizard from the blue light, I end up getting sucked into it. Thankfully Dad's voice assures us that he is headed to help us. “Hang on, kid.” I can't help but roll my eyes and scoff.

“Not much more we can do!” Right before the light can bring us into the ship, Spidey manages to web us out of it. Unfortunately, though, we aren't able to prevent the wizard from going through.

We both cling to the side of the ship. The air steadily gets thinner, and it gets harder and harder to breathe. As quickly as I can, I press a small button on my neck. A full helmet replaces my partial one. I can fill the oxygen slowly fill my mask.

A quick glance towards Peter reveals how much he's struggling up here. “Dad, Pete's going to need that new upgrade.” I assume he hears me as he tells Friday to unlock 17-A.

“Pete, you gotta let go. I'm gonna catch you.” I look back and see Iron Man right on our tail.

“But you said save the wizard.” He gasps after saying this and rips off his mask. “I can't breathe!” I focus entirely on Pete, if he blacks out and the pod misses him, he's a goner.

“You're too high. You're running out of air.” I can't help but have an uneasy feeling in my stomach. “Yeah! That makes sense.” I let out an exasperated sigh.

Peter suddenly falls back and my heart drops, but before I leap back to catch him the pod smashes into him. His old suit rapidly transitions to the new Iron Spider suit.

A sigh of relief leaves my lips when I see Spidey land on the vessel in a quite heroic pose. He stands and looks around.

“Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here.” I laugh from the pure hysteria I've just experienced. “ Happy trails, kid. Friday send 'em home.” My attention shifts to my father. “Wait, what?”

A parachute releases from my suit, sending me backward at top speeds. “Oh, come on!” I'm just as disappointed as he is, but I'm not surprised.

I accept it and prepare for my fall back to Earth. However, it seems Spidey has something else in mind. He attaches a web to the hull of the ship and climbs into a currently open bit of the spaceship.

Of course, my wings are disabled. So I can't do much except cut the strings of my parachute.

“Peter!” I yell and thankfully he hears. I'm wrapped in a bit of web and pulled up by Spidey. “Thank you, Spider-Boy.” I crouch down and watch the planet grow smaller and smaller.

“Oh my God! We should have stayed on the bus.” He states as the opening slowly closes. Maybe I agree with him. I shake that thought off. “Well, now that we're here, we need to help as much as we possibly can.”

He agrees and brings up a good point. “How do we get in through here?” I turn and look around a bit. “I found something.” I try to squeeze through a small opening that appears to be some sort of vent.

“Why couldn't I have gone with something slimmer.” I slam my palm onto the emblem on my chest. All my armor slowly creeps off my body. “Woah, it's chilly.” I try to lighten the mood.

Once I'm through I armor back up and look around. Peter bumps into me and I twist back and shush him. “Sorry, I didn't know you were going to stop.” He whispers.

“Let's just find my dad.” Spidey nods and we continue on. It takes a while, but we eventually see a small flash of red. “It's the wizard's cloak. It's standing, like the carpet from Aladdin.”

I turn my head and stare at him. “Can we go just an hour without you mentioning some movie?” He just shrugs. I crouch down and pull Pete with me, so we aren't spotted by Dad or the aliens.

“Just letting you know, he's going to be properly pissed when he knows we are here.” He pauses for a while before answering. “Yup.”

I watch carefully for the best time to go in. The cape taps Iron Man on the arm, and he whips around ready to shoot. He sees what it is and stands down.

“Wow, you're seriously a loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?” I notice Peter stick a web to the bottom of the platform we are currently on.

“Hey, don't go down there yet.” He doesn't listen, so I press myself against the wall in a desperate attempt to not be seen. “Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty.”

I can't see what's going on, but I imagine a very much displeased look on Dad's face.

“What the-” Dad starts but Spidey interrupts. “I know what you're gonna say.”
“You should not be here.”
“I was gonna go home-”
“I don't want to hear it.”
“But it was such a long way down, and I just thought about you on the way-”
“And now I gotta hear it.” The displeasure is heavy on my father's voice.

“And I kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here.” I scrunch into a ball when I hear this. 'Can he not do anything without me?' I think to myself.

“What did you just say?” His tone turns extremely serious.
“I take that back.” Good call Parker. “And now I'm here in space.”

I try to take a quick peek but instantly fall back when the cloak looks up and, I think, sees me.

“Yeah, Right where I don't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. It's a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through.”

“Can't wait for this to be me.” I sarcastically mumble to myself.

“No, I did think this through.”
“You could not have possibly thought this through.”
“It's just... you can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there's no neighborhood.” There's a pause where I assume he is waiting for Tony's reaction.
“Okay. That didn't really make any sense, but you know what I'm trying to say.” Clearly, it wasn't a good one.

“At least Morgan isn't here.” My heart rate quickens as I decide if I should come out or not. “Actually-”

Before he can tattle on me, I jump down myself. “Thanks, Pete.” Dad looks furious. “You would have had to come out eventually.”

I go to throw a punch at him but stop myself. I aggressively push air out of my nose. “I'm here too.”

“You two are a huge pain in the ass.” Dad pinches the bridge of his nose. The ultimate sign that he is irritated.

“I assume you heard everything.” I nod. “That goes for you too. I'm only letting you off easy because Magic Hands is a little too close to becoming an intergalactic pin cushion.” I nod again.

“See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go.” Peter and I stare as we try to come up with something.

“Okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?” If he's suggesting what I hope he's suggesting, that would be pretty genius.

“Where Ripley opens the airlock, and it sucks out the Xenomorph Queen?” He jumps up a little, “Yes! Exactly that!”