Miss Anxious

I continue staring at various objects above me. That is until the ship reaches our destination. Peter stands up, “Hey, what's going on?”

The surface of the planet steadily gets closer as we prepare to land. Except, nothing ever works out that well. “I think we're here.” Strange states plainly.

“I don't think this rig has a self-park function,” Dad confirms my fear. “Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?” He speaks to Peter. “Yep, got it.”

I stand still, silently panicking. “Hey, if you guys got this, I'm just gonna go ahead and brace for impact.” I don't wait for an answer before assuming the fetal position and positioning my wings into a small dome.

“This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move it at the same time.” Everyone's voice became muffled.
“Okay, okay. Ready!”

Peter starts to yell and I start falling apart. It feels like Washington all over again. “Morgan! Helmet! On!” Dad must have suited back up because I hear his voice over my radio. My helmet reappears as I do what I'm told.

I can feel the ship hit something, whether it's the ground or not, I can't tell. The force is large enough to knock someone over, but thankfully my wings successfully stay rooted in the ship's floor.

I hear tiny clings against my wings. I'm hesitant to open them, in fear of being buried in rubble.

Eventually, there's a deliberate sounding knock. I peek out and see Peter. Once he sees that I'm alright, he walks off.

After standing, I shake off my wings and look around. I spot my dad and Dr. Strange.

Peter descends from above and speaks while motioning towards us. “Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry.” This boy needs a hobby outside swinging around Queens and watching 20th-century movies.

“I don't wanna hear another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?” Dad points at Peter as he speaks.

“If only he could,” I chime in. “I'm trying to say that something is coming.

“And you didn't just say that why?” I hear something roll behind us, I quickly fly up and warn the others, “Watch out! There's a-” I'm interrupted by a small explosion.

A trio of humanoid creatures emerges from the smoke. The biggest one throws a blade at Dr. Strange, but he deflects it with magic and his cloak goes flying towards his foe.”

I stay in the air because I know I'm not emotionally ready to fight again. I hear Peter yell and turn towards it. A woman with antennae stands above him. “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Please don't put your eggs in me!” I can't help but chuckle slightly, “You're the one shooting your webs all over her, Spidey!”

I go in to help him out, but another guy comes flying in and kicks him. Yelling “Stay down, clown!”

He tries shooting at him, but Pete is amazing at dodging. I once again try to go in, but Peter beats me to it and gets electric rope wrapped around him.

I race to help, however, the guy pushes me and grabs Spidey, and keeps him in a headlock. “Everyone stay where you are. Chill the f- out.” I watch from the side, not wanting to risk moving.

Peter's captor takes off his mask and points his gun away. He looks completely human. “I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where is Gamora?”

“Who?” That wasn't meant to leave my head. He's too distracted by Dad to realize though. “Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?” He points his weapon towards Average Joe and takes away his own headgear.

The muscular guy under his foot starts to speak. “I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?” Strange and I both look confused at what he meant.

“Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you I'm gonna French fry this little freak.” He turns his gun to Peter. It takes all my will power not to go running towards him.

“Let's do it! You shoot my guy and I'll blast him. Let's go!” I do a double-take. “Excuse me, no! Let's not do that! Some people really love that little freak.”

“Do it, Quill! I can take it.” I look back down to the big guy. “No, he can't take it!” Bug lady hops closer. “She's right, you can't.” I agree with Strange, “Yeah, there's no way.”

Quill continues to hold on to the spider-themed hero. “Oh yeah? You don't want to tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all four of you and I'll beat it out Thanos myself.” He puts his attention toward the boy in his arm. “Starting with you.” I hop up, he's not killing my boyfriend without a fight.

However, I do stop when Dr. Strange starts to speak. “Wait what, Thanos? Alright, let me ask you this one time. What master do you serve?” What kind of question is that?

Quill repeats the query, “What am I supposed to say, 'Jesus?'” We all have the same realization. “You're from Earth,” and Tony states it for us. “That's why he looks so human.”

“I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri.” He can't be serious. “Yeah, that's on Earth, dipshit. What are you hasslin' us for?” I can't believe this?

“So, you're not with Thanos?” Spidey timidly speaks. “With Thanos? No, I'm here to kill Thanos.”
“What do you think we're here for?”
He doesn't answer, he just continues talking. “He took my girl. Wait, who are you?”

This guy had a girl? Peter disables his mask. “Where the Avengers, man.” Quill finally let's go of Peter and I go up to him. I quickly check his neck for any marks. “Morgan, I'm fine.” This trip has made me awfully anxious for some reason.

Bug girl speaks up, “You're the ones, Thor told us about.” I perk up at the name. “Thor? Is he doing okay?” My father speaks over me. “Thor? You know Thor?”

“Yeah. Tall guy, not that good-looking, needed saving.” Well, he is tall, “You must have a different Thor because our Thor is quite the looker.” Peter looks at me weird. “What? I'm just being honest.”

Strange continues the original conversation. “Where is he now?”

A/N: Last chapter!

Of 2020. Obviously.