thirty-four.

Thursday, April 2nd, 2020

Danielle's POV

I wake up to all the thoughts of what had happened last night. I press my head up against Stefania's chest. Think about everything my dad had said. Stefania rolls over towards me closing her eyes. I feel her breathing on my head. 

She moves her hands down to my waist and she falls back asleep after being still. My sister really stood up for me yesterday. My mom said nothing probably due to shock, my dad was meaner than a hornet and probably will never talk to me the same again. 

I get torn out of my emotions by Stefania wiping a tear off my cheek. She pushes a strand of my hair and puts it behind my ear. "Everything is going to be okay, Bella," Stefania leans back and puts her face at an equal level as mine. 

"Speak to me in Italian," I say out of the blue. Every time she speaks Italian I forget everything that is going on. It's calming and I have no idea what she is saying. 

"Sono così innamorato di te che non è divertente," she says. 

I close her eyes and just listen to her soothing voice speak. "We need to get up," I groan. 

"Yeah, I'm hungry anyway," Stefania says getting out of bed and heading to her bag to grab a shirt. I lift the blankets off of my body and I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Stefania's POV

I enter the bathroom after Danielle with my toothbrush in hand. I start to brush my teeth and head over to the window opening the blinds to let me peak through. I look out the window and watch the ocean waves come over the sand. 

I turn back around and spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and put my toothbrush in the cup. I walk into the bedroom where Danielle is and I wrap my arms around her waist from behind putting my head on her shoulder. 

"I'm sorry about last night," I apologize and Danielle puts her hands on top of mine. 

"It's fine, you didn't mean to," she says and turns around facing me, "at least now we don't have to be sneaking around." She continues and makes me smile. 

"I'm so happy about that," I trail my hands down her back and to her hips. I lean in and give her a kiss with my minty fresh breath. "Let's head downstairs," I suggest taking her hand and walking down. No one is down there so we head over to Stephanies room and knock on her door. 

"Come in!" we hear her scream and we walk in. 

"Hey, we are going to go pick up some food, do you want some?" Danielle asks putting her arms around my waist. 

"Yeah, just get me a couple of sausage biscuits," she smiles sits on the edge of the bed. 

"Okay, well, we will be back soon," Danielle continues and we shut the door behind us heading out to the car with Jeff. We take her sister's car and we head over to McDonald's grabbing some food. 

Once we finally get back from our drive we head out to the back porch with Jeff to let her run around while we eat. Danielle texts Stephanie telling her the food is on the table in the house. I take a seat outside and Jeff runs around in the sand. 

"Ahh, this is so good," I squeal taking a bite into my food. 

"Note to self, food wins Stefania over," I watch Danielle form a cute smile on her face. "Can I ask you something?" I ask and Danielle suddenly gets tense. 

"Uh, yeah?" she says putting her hands on the table. 

"Do you want kids?" I ask the most random question. Danielle takes time to think it through and finishes chewing her food. 

"Uh, kids aren't a deal-breaker for me, I wouldn't mind having kids," She smiles at me and looks back down at her food. 

I stretch my leg under the table finishing hers. I grab her hand, "What about you, do you want kids?" Danielle asks me back. 

"Yeah, I do," I say watching Danielle's face light up a little bit. We sit there finishing our meal while listening to the waves crash and Jeff trying to dig in the sand. 

Danielle's POV

"I want to buy a van," I say out of nowhere and Stefania looks at me shocked. 

"Why?" she laughs collecting our trash. 

"I don't know, I just like to travel," I respond to the question and stand up heading inside to throw the trash away. 

"You should then," Stefania continues with what I just said, "It would be fun, you, me... Jeff," she says. 

"It definitely would be wouldn't it," I say putting my hands around her waist and kiss her. I put my forehead against hers and we stand there in my parent's kitchen like that before we got interrupted. 

I hear someone cough and I turn my head. I look over at the bottom of the stairs and see my parents and my sister reminding me of what had happened last night. Stefania backs up a little bit and I turn around to face them. 

"Good morning," I try to lighten the mood and my dad just heads over to the couch. I watch as my mother shakes her head telling me it was going to be a lot harder than I thought. We all head to the living room and watch the tv in silence. Stefania lays down putting her head in my lap. 

I look down from the TV to Stefania making me smile. I run my fingers through her blown hair. I smile thinking about how much she really means to me. How I could literally spend the rest of my life with her. I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone in my life and it's scary.