sixty-two.

Thursday, August 13th, 2020

Danielle's POV

"I've finally gotten to the point where I can talk about it, and if that means sharing my story will help others then I want to share it," I look over at Stefania as she rubs her thumb on the back of my hand.

"On May 1st, I was walking from the set of a movie that I was working on at the time to my trailer. I had noticed that trailer was unlocked and I'm not known for keeping my trailer unlocked. I got there and a man was waiting for me, luckily for me I only came out with a broken wrist and internal bleeding." I look over at the older woman and she scoots closer to me while the crowd stays silent.

"I also have an amazing girlfriend who knew it was weird that I wasn't home, so she got worried, came to set, and found me," I pause and laugh a little thinking about the memory, "We had only been dating a couple of months, this isn't the way you want to start a relationship," she crowd laughs a tiny bit before the conversation gets serious once again.

"I'd like to brag on her for a minute," I look over at my girlfriend, who has tissues in her hand, mostly for me. "She took care of me, like really took care of me, while I was in the hospital I don't think she ever left. I wouldn't let her touch me, I didn't even talk to her for a couple of weeks, but she never left my bedside," I look over at Jimmy with a smile on my face.

"So what your saying is, Stefania Spampinato is the best girlfriend out there," He laughs as I look over at him. 

"Oh yeah, 100 percent," I look over at Stefania as she puts her arm around me, whispering something in my ear that I couldn't hear. "Not only did she stick through that with me, but she also stayed when she found out I was pregnant," I gently rest my hand on my stomach reminding me of the little one doing cartwheels inside me.

"When this came out in the news, I was shocked, how did the news affect your job and friends?" The older man asks, bringing his mug to his mouth. 

"You know, you don't realize who all you have in your corner until you do, in the beginning, it was just Jaina, Barrett, and Stefania's brother, who knew anything. All of them really helped me think everything through as stuff came up, and having them there made it so much easier when it came to addressing the public and having to tell family," I take Stefania's hand into mine once again.

"The producers and writers have given me time and are very, very easy going, they make sure to give me the room I need and longer breaks. Everyone has been extremely helpful," I pause as I look out into the crowd that is filled with women. "I want to help with women who have been sexually abused and assaulted, I'm hoping more people will be able to come out and tell their story because of me," I look around the room at all the women that stand up and start clapping. 

"Thank you, Danielle, for sharing your story,"

After what felt like hours of talking our 15 minutes was up and we were sent back to our dressing rooms to change and talk with the producers before we had to leave. "You okay?" Stefania asks as she follows me into my dressing room.

"Oddly enough, I'm fine," I smile as I release the breath I had been holding, "I thought it was going to be a lot worse, but I feel fine, thank you." I wrap my arms around her waist as she leans down to kiss me. "What time is it?" I ask as Stefania quickly pulls out her phone to check the time. 

"It's only 3:12," she squints down at her phone before looking back at me.

Stefania's POV

"Do you want to call Gio and see if he wants to come and paint the nursery?" Danielle's ocean blue eyes look up at me as we stand inches apart from each other in her dressing room.