The Story of Us.

"Love. Neuroscience tells us it activates the same parts of the brain as habit-forming addiction. It makes us feel like we can do anything, be anything, achieve anything. And once we taste it, we want more. The thing about love is, when it's good, it's so very good, and when it's bad, it hurts so much. And if you can't find a way to balance all those ups and downs, it will make you crazy."

---

Tuesday, January 11th, 2022

Gioia walked around the house between her mother's legs with her hands being held by Danielle's.

"Look at my little girl go!" The blonde woman yelled to her wife, who sat on the couch with her laptop across her thighs.

"Oh, my gosh, my little Gioia," Stefania threw her blanket and laptop to the side before standing a few feet away from Danielle and the standing baby. "Come to Mama!"

Danielle pulled out her phone to record the encounter before letting go of her daughter's hands. She watched the young girl's legs wobble as she took a few steps forward before standing straight up between the two women.

Gioia playfully bends each of her legs, counting up and down before continuing her first steps forward. "You're doing good, Gioia," The younger mother walked up behind her wife to get a better view with her camera.

"Two more steps, Bambina," Stefania held her arms out while watched her take the final steps into her mother's arm. "You did it!" The Italian laughed while picking her tossing her up in the air before spinning around in circles.

"My little girl is growing up so fast!"

"Happy birthday, my little girl!"

***

"Look at my little goddaughter on her first birthday!" Jaina picked up the young girl from where she was sitting on the floor, playing with her toys.

"She picked out her outfit and everything," Danielle took her wife by the waist while looking down at their child. "Should we show Jaina her new party trick?"

"Oh, yes, Auntie Jaina will love it. Come here my little girl," The Italian took the one-year-old from her arms setting her on the ground between her legs. "Call her over to you,"

Jaina looked over at her best friend before kneeling to the ground, calling her name, "Gioia, come here!"

The young girl's little feet pattered against the floor while making her way to her godmother with a wide smile.

"Look at her go!" The blonde whispered to her wife while twirling the wedding band around her ring finger.

"We should have another," Stefania smiled softly against her wife's lips.

"Jaina, can you watch her for a moment," The youngest woman asked not waiting for an answer before pulling the Italian into the kitchen where they were alone. "What?"

"We should have another kid," The Italian was cut off by two lips against hers before being lifted onto the countertop next to the birthday cake. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes, but maybe in the next like... year, not right now," Danielle lifted onto her toes to kiss her wife again.

"I'm okay with that,"

***

Monday, July 11th, 2022

"So it's actually there, the stick wasn't lying?" Stefania asked while saying on the hospital bed, her hand in her wife's.

"It's actually there," The female doctor spoke while listening to Gioia make random noises on her mother's hip.

"So the IVF and everything worked, I'm pregnant?" The Italian looked up at her girlfriend with tears forming in her eyes.