twenty-two

Saturday, March 14th, 2020

Danielle's POV

I wake up thinking about last night. What Stefania said to me, I want to tell people too. I start to think about what also happened last night. A smile appears across my face. I slowly get out of bed trying not to wake up Stefania. 

"What are you doing?" She asks. Well, that failed. 

"I'm going to make a phone call, go back to bed," I kiss her lips and grab my phone leaving the bed we shared for the night. I walk outside and call Shonda first. 

"This is Shonda Rhimes speaking," I hear Shonda say. 

"Hey Shonda, it's me, Danielle," I say to the woman on the phone as I mess with my fingers, trying to calm my nerves. 

"Hi Danielle, what can I do for you?" she asks and I start to get nervous. 

"So Stefania and I have started dating and we want to go public with it, but we want to keep our roles on the show," I say quickly, "I wanted to tell you before the Marina fans go crazy about It." I smile through the phone. 

"Don't worry Danielle, Marina ain't going anywhere," a huge smile comes across, "just text me before you go public with it," she says and I smile. 

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, thanks again, bye," I hang up and smile. I walk back into the hotel room and see Stefania on her side looking at me. 

"I have good news," I smile and walk over to her. 

"Oh yeah?" she smiles and sits up. 

"I told Shonda and she said this isn't going to affect our roles," I smile and grab her hand. 

"Really?" she smiles, "We can tell people?" she sits up and kisses me. I nod and look down at my phone. 

"Let's pack our stuff so we can head to Zion," I smile and take her hand to help her up. We pick up our clothes from last night putting them in a plastic bag to be washed. Shortly after we are changed and ready to go, we head down to Barrett and Jaina's room where Barrett is in the shower. 

I set out bags down and wrap my arms around Stefania. "I'm glad you came with us on this trip," I whisper in her ear. 

"Me too," she says back leaning against me. Barrett walks out of the bathroom fully dressed. 

"Damn girl, lookin' good," I yell and Stefania elbows me in the stomach, "Ow!" I yell. I see her smile. Barrett finishes collecting her stuff and we head down to the lobby. "You guys head to the RV I'll meet you there," I smile and watch them walk away feeling two arms come around my waist. 

"You scared the shit out of me," I jump to the feeling of her arms coming around me. "Hi, I need to pay for my two rooms," I smile and slide my card, and fix my mask. Stefania takes her hands away from my waist and I finish paying. I grab Stefania's hand and walk out to the RV. 

We walk in and put our suitcases in a closet. Barrett hops in the front seat and starts the RV. I take Stefania's hand and sit on the couch across from Barrett. Stefania lays her head in my lap and I play with her hair. She sits up and puts her head on my shoulder while I grab my laptop. I connect it to Stefania's camera and upload the pictures of us in Vegas. 

"Barrett!" I yell to get her attention. 

"Yeah?" she screams back. 

"Are we headed to the Vegas sign?" I ask and watch her nod, "Okay," I turn my attention back to the pictures on my laptop. I adjust the background. I pay the most attention to the ones of Stefania and me.

 I feel Barrett turn into a parking lot next to the iconic Las Vegas sign. Stefania takes her head off my shoulder and stands up grabbing my hand. "Let's hope there isn't a lot of people here," she smiles and puts her mask over her beautiful face. I take her hand and walk out of the RV with her. 

The four of us walk across the street to the sign asking someone to take our photos. Barrett takes a couple of pictures of me and Stefania and we then head back to the RV. When we get to the car I take my mask off putting it on the table for later. 

Stefania holds my hand with her camera around her neck. Jaina sits in the front with Barrett. I quickly sit down and open my laptop. Stefania looks down at her phone and I edit the pictures we just took. 

"I'm ready," I look over and grab her hand. 

"For what?" she asks and we hear Barrett turn on the RV. 

"Let's tell people, let's tell everyone," I say smiling ear to ear. 

"Really?" she says squeezing my hand. 

"Only if you want to," I see her face light up. 

"Let's do it," I look down at my laptop and select the picture of us kissing in front of the Las Vegas sign. "This one?" I ask Stefania and she nods. 

"You post that one I'll post this one," she shows me the pictures of us at the fountain. 

"Okay," I smile selecting the two pictures of us at the sign. I sit there thinking about a caption. I sit there looking at her. I decide to add a funny video of me getting tongue-tied while looking at her where she corrects me at the end. 

I finally come up with a caption, I lean back and type in my caption looking over at Stefania. "Are you ready?" I smile and take her hand. 

"Yes," she smiles and I kiss her. I look down at my phone and press post. 

"We did it," I smile and head over to Stefania's page and look at her caption, which read 'il mio amore' I pressed the translate button, 'my love' I look over at her a kiss her cheek. She rests her head on my shoulder and I close my laptop. 

"Are you okay?" I whisper kissing her temple. 

"I'm fine, Bambina," she says softly. I lift her head off my shoulder and land a kiss on her lips. I quickly pick her up and ran with her to the bed in the back. 

"Ahh," she screams and Jaina looks back. 

"She's fine," I laugh and jump on the bed next to her. I lay on my side looking down at her with my head in my hand. She lays on her back looking up at me. I mess with her hair and lay on my back. I open my phone up to Twitter watching everyone freak out. "This is so funny," I laugh and cuddle up next to the Italian goddess next to me.