twenty-six.

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020

Danielle's POV

I walk outside and sit at the edge of the dock with my feet in the water. I heard footsteps come up from behind me and see Barrett take a seat next to me with Jaina close behind. Jaina sits on the other side of me. 

"I miss her," I sigh and kick my feet in the water. 

"It's going to be okay," Barrett rubs my back. 

"We leave to go back to LA tomorrow, you can see her then," Jaina suggests. 

"I'm just going to give her space," I sigh and tell them they can go. 

"We are going to get dinner, I'll text you when we get back," Barrett smiles and pats my back. I take my phone out and look at the post that Stefania posted an hour ago of her and Jeff laying on the couch. 

I could only think that that was supposed to be us. Us sitting on her couch with a dog and possibly kids in the future. Right now, I don't know what going to happen. She won't text, she won't call. 

I sit on the edge of the dock looking at the water just thinking and planning the future life we could possibly have. 

Stefania's POV

I head to the airport after just dropping Jeff off with a friend. I walk around the airport looking for the right area. I walk up to #203 and sit down. I set my bag next to me and open Twitter. The airport is empty due to covid. I board my plane and settle in for the ride. I look down at my phone one last time before taking off. 

Danielle

D-is everything okay?

D-How are you

D-(picture of the view from her hike)

D-i miss you

D-text me when you have the chance

I look down at the texts and really understand what I'm doing, what I'm missing. I look at all the texts she has sent since I left Utah. 

S- I miss you

Danielle<3 is typing...

I quickly close my phone and put it in my pocket as the plane takes off.

Danielle's POV

Bambina❤

S-i miss you

I feel my heart race knowing me has finally texted me back.

D- I miss you too.

I smile down at my phone and wait for a response. "Danielle!" Jaina yells from the back porch. I get up and walk back to the cabin to eat with my friends trying to forget about everything that is on my mind

Stefania's POV

I knock on the door waiting for a response. The door flies open and they stare at me. "Ciao Papa," I say and watch him shut the door in my face. I walk back to the door knocking demanding a response. 

I watch him open the door and say mean things to me realizing I ruined a relationship with my only parent because I'm in love with a woman. I walk away from my childhood home and head to my favorite restaurant that I went to as a kid. 

I walk in and I'm greeted by the family that I was really close with as a child. We stay apart and I order my food having a conversation with one of my closest friends as a kid. We talk to each other as if we were still close. 

I take a picture of my meal and share it on Instagram tagging my friend in it. I quickly finish up and head to the airport to change my flight. I now know things with my dad will never be the same. I get on the plane and open my phone looking at the text Danielle left earlier.

Danielle<3

D- I miss you too

D- are you okay?

S- I'm fine.

Danielle's POV 

I look down at my phone and see a response from Stefania. My face lights up and Jaina notices. "Did she text you back?" she asks and I look up. 

"Yeah," I smile and sit up on the couch. I look back up from my phone and spend some time at the moment with my friends fighting the urge to see if she has texted again. I finally give in and look back at my phone being disappointed by the fact she hasn't texted again.

Stefania's POV-4ish am

After a long plane ride and uber to the cabin. I'm finally outside and waiting for Jaina to come to the door. I watch the door open and Jaina hugs me. "She's asleep in the back bedroom," she whispers and hugs me. 

"Okay," I whisper back and I walk quietly to the room she was talking about. I slowly and softly open the door and shut it back trying not to wake her up. I look at Danielle who is sleeping peacefully in the middle of the bed in front of me. 

I question whether or not this is a bad idea of not. I walk up to the side of her bed kicking my shoes off and lifting the covers. I get in bed next to her and put my arms around her waist from behind. 

I feel her move and settle back in not knowing who I am. "Hello?" I hear her say in her deep voice from sleeping. 

"Hi, Bambina," I whisper and put my head in the nook of her neck. She rolls over and looks at me with her eyes wide. 

"Am I dreaming?" she asks putting her hands on my face. 

"No, bambina," I laugh and she kisses me. 

"Why did you leave?" she says putting her hands around my waist. 

"We can talk about that in the morning," I yawn, "I just want you to hold me for now," I place a kiss on her neck and turn over. we intertwine our legs and hands and we both slowly feel at peace. I fall asleep in the warmth of Danielle's arms. 

A/N-Thank you guys for 7k views <3

Instagram-MoreStefanielle

Twitter-MoreStefanielle

TikTok- MoreStefanielle