fifty-one.

Friday, July 3rd, 2020

Stefania's POV

I roll over and face Danielle's sleeping body with Jeff's head laying on her cast. I pick my phone up and grab my phone looking at all the text messages I've received. "Fanculo," I say softly taking my eyes off of my phone to look at Danielle. 

I focus my attention back on all the texts from our friends and castmates who have found out from a news article about Danielle being raped. I try and stay calm and text some people back to clear everything up and answer questions so Danielle doesn't need to. 

I finish texting back one of the makeup artists from Station 19 and set my phone down. I focus my attention on Danielle and scoot closer to her, wrapping my arms around her. "Good morning," I kiss her neck gently as she jumps in my arms. 

"I'm sorry," I whisper, "I didn't mean to scare you," I lean back against her pillow as she moves around. 

"It's okay," she says softly as she moves her arm making Jeff move over to our feet. 

"How did you sleep," I ask as I play with her short hair. 

"Great actually," a smile forms across her face. 

"Well, I'm going to use the bathroom, stay here," I smile and pat her leg. I crawl out of bed and head to the bathroom that's down the hall. I do my business, wash my hands, and brush my teeth. I look into the mirror and take a deep breath before grabbing Danielle's pills that she needs to take. I quickly walk to the kitchen and grab some tea from the fridge. 

"Okay, you need to take these, and then I'll make us some breakfast," I smile as I walk into the bedroom while she's looking down at her phone in shock. 

"I knew this would get out, but I wasn't expecting it to happen this fast," she says and attempts to sit up. 

"Hey, hey, hey, don't hurt yourself," I set the water and pills on the table and help her sit up, "I wasn't expecting it either, but now it's out," I hand her the pills and water. I watch her take them still looking at her phone. 

"Okay, no," I take the phone from her hand and lay it out on the bed, "I want to spend time with you, not time with you and your phone, we can't do anything about this and it was going to get out, so please, let's just spend time with each other while we can," I smile down at her. 

"I love you," she smiles back up and takes my hand. 

"I love you too," I lean down and kiss her forehead, "are you going to be okay in here or do you want to come to the kitchen with me?" I ask. 

"I need to use the bathroom and then I'll sit with you in the kitchen if that's alright," she sits back up and takes her legs off the bed. 

"That's fine with me, are you going to be okay by yourself?" I ask as I help her off the bed. 

"I should be fine," she smiles and starts to walk off. I watch her walk away making me proud of all the progress she has made physically and mentally. I walk behind her and pass her as she enters the bathroom. 

I open the door for Jeff letting her go play outside while I make breakfast for the two of us. I head to the kitchen and turn on the stovetop to make eggs and bacon. I hum to a song that is stuck in my head. I hear the bathroom door open and Danielle's feet hitting the ground as she walks. I feel two arms wrap around me and she lays her head on my shoulder. 

"Everything okay?" I ask turning my head just a little to see her face. 

"Mhm," she mumbles and sways with my body as I cook.