Sneaking Out

*McKenzie will be 16 in this chapter*

It was Monday night at 10pm, everyone had done went to bed. McKenzie was up texting her friends, Madalyn & Bridgett. They had planned on sneaking out & taking McKenzie's mom's car, because McKenzie had just got her license.

McKenzie was really nervous, she was always a good girl, she never snuck out before, & her parents always knew where she was & who she was with.

McKenzie got a text from Madalyn. "We are outside, waiting on you." McKenzie when downstairs quietly & turned off the security system & went to the kitchen & took her mother's car keys out of her purse. Then she went back up to her room open up the door to her balcony & turned out her lights.

McKenzie went down to the car. She got in the car with her friends. "I cannot believe I'm doing this." McKenzie says starting the car up. "It's fine, McKenzie, you'll be home before they'll even know your gone." Madalyn says.

McKenzie rolls out the driveway with no headlights on because her parents room was at the front of the house.

McKenzie stops at the stop sign at the end of the street & turns off there location on her phone.

"Okay, girls, what should we do?" McKenzie asks pulling onto the main highway.

They decided to go to the mall.

Bridgett put on music in the car & the girls screaming to the lyrics at the top of their lungs.

While the girls were at the mall Lee got out of bed & decided to go check on everyone.

Jake was asleep & so we're the twins.

Lee went to McKenzie's room & seen that McKenzie left her lamp on.

Lee went to go turn it off & seen that McKenzie wasn't in her bed.

Lee wanted to scream, but she didn't want to wake up her sons. Lee sprinted down the hall to the master bedroom.

"Emerson." Lee whispers shaking her husband.

"What?" Emerson mumbled.

"McKenzie is not in her room." Lee says frantically.

Emerson rolled over & looked at his wife. "What do you mean she's not in her room?" He says getting out of bed heading to McKenzie's room.

"I went to go check on everyone like I always do & I seen McKenzie left her light on & I look at her bed & she wasn't there." Lee explains shaking.

Emerson barges through McKenzie's door & she is no where to be found, he even looked in her bathroom & nothing.

"Go get your phone." Emerson says still looking for his daughter.

Lee went to go get her phone, & while looking through her purse she notices that her keys are missing. Lee just grabs her bag & takes it to her husband.

"My keys are missing." Lee says livid.

"Now, now, I don't believe that McKenzie would have taken your keys." Emerson says trying to find McKenzie's location on Lee's phone.

"Nothing is showing up, where could she be." Emerson says worrying because it's not like her daughter to just sneak out.

"I'm calling the cops." Emerson says.

Lee looks out McKenzie's door & seen that her car was in fact gone. "E, she took my car." Lee says in disappointment.

"I'm going to go wake Jake up. He can deal with her when she gets back." Emerson says.

"Jake." Emerson says turning on his son's light. Jake squinted at the bright light. "Sorry, but McKenzie snuck out & when she gets back I want you to talk to her." Emerson adds.

"Woah, what, McKenzie snuck out?" Jake says confused & scared for his sister.

Jake went to McKenzie's room. "Mom, Dad, y'all go get some rest, I got this." Jake says. Lee & Emerson nods & head back to bed.

2 hours later around 12:30 am McKenzie comes back home.

"That was so much fun." They all said. "See you soon Kenzie." Madalyn says walking back to her house with Bridgett.

McKenzie went back up to her room & seen that everyone was still asleep because all the lights were off.

She opens her balcony door & see Jake sitting there on her bed.

"Do you think this is funny?" Jake asks he was very serious & McKenzie knew it.

McKenzie shook her head. "No." She says with a confused look on her face.

Jake took the keys from his sister. "Why were you in mom's car when you should have been in bed?"

McKenzie was silent. She avoided making eye contact.

"McKenzie, do you know how serious this is?" Jake says.

McKenzie knew she was in trouble, when Jake used McKenzie's first name instead of Kenz, she's in trouble.

McKenzie nods.

"Do you know how dangerous it is out there? Do you realize what could have happened to you? What if you would have wreck mom's car & no one would have known because you turned off your location on your phone." Jake wanted to make sure McKenzie wouldn't do this again. "If your friends fed you into doing this, then you don't need to be their friend anymore, the are bad influences."

McKenzie thought about what Jake said to her. "I'm sorry, I was stupid to do such a thing, I will never happen again." McKenzie apologizes with tears in her eyes.

"Go apologize to mom & dad, not me." Jake says hugging his sister. "I love you, Kenz, even when you make dumb decisions."

McKenzie went to her parents room. They were just talking.

"Mom, dad, I'm sorry." McKenzie says handing Lee her car keys back. "I'm sorry for going behind your back & taking your car without permission."

"McKenzie, do you realize how worried you had us?" Lee says. McKenzie nods. "It won't happen again." McKenzie adds.

"This isn't going without consequences." Lee says. "Give us you phone, & license." McKenzie hands over the items.

"After school you will come back to the house, no football games, no sleepovers, & no driving, Jake will take your to & from school." Lee says. McKenzie nods. "I understand."

"You do realize, we're doing this for your own good." Lee says. McKenzie nods.

"Go to bed." Lee says. "Goodnight, we love you no matter what." Emerson says.

Couple months later McKenzie learns her lesson about sneaking out & she definitely won't do it again.

i really liked this idea! Please vote & leave suggestions in the comments for the next chapter. ❤️ Dawgs won tonight! It so great to be a Dawg! 🐶