Every Dawg Has Its Day

•McKenzie will be 16•

"Biggest game of the year." Dylan says as everyone looks around the dome.

"Can't believe we are here! This is huge!" Tyler says taking pictures.

"Take it in kids, your brother is playing here tonight." Emerson says.

•After the game•

Georgia loss 26-23

"Jake." Lee says catching up with her son before he heads to the team bus. "It's fine mama, i love you." He says not wanting to talk about the game because he knew as soon as he did he would lose it in front of his parents.

"Let him go." Emerson says hugging his wife. Emerson knew how Jake was when he loses a game.

Everyone went to Jake house in Athens & waited until Jake was home.

When Jake arrived everyone was sitting on the couch. The first person he looked at was McKenzie. "Come here." Jake says as McKenzie hugged him crying. "It's okay." He says kissing the top of her head.

"Bro, how are you so calm right now? You literally just loss to a team that basically ran you over." Dylan says.

Jake shrugs. "Honestly, I have tons of respect for Alabama & Coach Saban. I was committed there & I haven't lost any respect for him or his football team." Jake explains.

"Okay, but what about the referees calling bad calls against y'all? It's always Georgia vs the refs never Georgia vs Alabama." He says.

"Dyl, it's part of football, you are going to get ridiculous calls, you are going to get calls that shouldn't have been called, & you are going to get call that should have been. It's football." Jake says getting a bottle of water.

"Okay, what about the player that pushed your head to the ground after sacking you? He should have been penalized of that."

"I have an idea. Instead of you going to medical school after high school, go be a referee." Jake says, everyone laughs.

"Either way, we are all so proud of you & the Dawgs. You fought your tail off all season." Emerson says.

"Thanks dad, we will be back." Jake says. Emerson nods. "Georgia isn't going anywhere." He adds.

"Still should have a ring." Dylan mumbles. "Will you stop?" Tyler says. "No, it's not fair..." Dylan says crossing his arms.

"Dylan, life isn't fair." Jake says. "& you know just a good as I know, football isn't fair either, Alabama was just a little bit better than Georgia tonight."

Dylan was about to say another word when Emerson cut him off. "Stop, it's over, can't do anything about it now."

"Where's Kenzie?" Tyler asks. "She probably went to Jake's room so she wouldn't have to hear y'all arguing." Lee says.

"No, I'm right here. I was just thinking about the game & how Alabama has zero respect." McKenzie says coming out of the dining room. "I wrote something & I want y'all to hear it." She says looking at her phone.

"Not one of our boys punched a Bama player. Not one time did we shove their QB's head after sacking him. not one of OUR players went to the sidelines trying to fight their OWN teammates. Despite their political views, not one of our players shouted obscenities to our President of the United States. We lost with more class than Bama has EVER won with. That alone speaks volumes about a coach & his players. From that, you can take what you want, but I'd still rather be a losing Dawg, than a winning Bama fan - any day." She left everyone speechless.

"From what I saw Alabama has ZERO class or respect. Georgia won that game in my opinion because of their class." She adds sitting beside Jake.

"They sure did baby girl, they sure did." Emerson says.

McKenzie looks up at Jake. "You got them next year." She smiles. Jake hugs his sister. "Send me that." Jake says talking about the paragraph she wrote, he was going to show it to Coach Smart.

"You are too smart for your own good." Tyler says.

McKenzie laughs. "I just like to read football teams on how they respect each other, sure you could be #1 in the country & have a perfect season, but that really doesn't mean you are better than anyone else class wise, because we are all human & football is just a sport."

"I couldn't agree more." Dylan says. "Jake, I'm sorry about earlier. I'm so proud of you & your team for making it this far, no it didn't turn out like you've hoped, but it was definitely an amazing experience. & there was no way I could have done what you've done tonight."

Jake smiles. "I forgive you Dyl. Like Dad said. "Georgia isn't going anywhere." "I trust Kirby with my life." Jake laughs everyone does too.

"I'm going to bed. Sure, as a losing Dawg, but I wouldn't want to have it any other way." Jake says heading upstairs. "Good night, I love y'all."

"I'm proud of you & your little speech you thought of." Jake says giving McKenzie a hug. "Thanks. I'm proud of you too." She says.

"Good night, Kenz, I love you." Jake says. "Good night Jake, I love you too, & Go Dawgs, always."

"Go Dawgs." Jake says smiling leaving the room.

this was so cute to write! no i didn't base it off of tonight's game, i didn't the 2018 natty.

tonight sucked! 12-1 but it's fine, we will probably see alabama in the natty again this year.

but anyways Go Dawgs Always! ❤️

Bowl Game prediction come out tomorrow at 12!!