Happy Sweet 16 McKenzie

•McKenzie will be 16•

"I can't believe my baby girl will be sixteen tomorrow." Lee says looking through McKenzie's photo album with her husband. "Seems like just yesterday we surprised the boys with her for Christmas." Emerson adds.

Lee heads upstairs to McKenzie's room. She was watching North Woods Law & facetiming Jake.

"Big day tomorrow." She says sitting on the bed & saying hey to Jake. "Yeah, I know. I don't want anything huge, just time with family." She says. Jake & Lee smile at each other because they had a surprise party planned at the lake tomorrow. "I know, Kenzie, I just love how simple you are." She says. "Good night, I love you." Lee says kissing McKenzie. "Good night Jake, be careful when you come tomorrow." She adds leaving.

Emerson already had a lake house rented for today.

Jake pulled into the driveway around 10am & got out at least 10 presents for his sister. "Jake." Dylan laughs. "Yes, I did go a little over board, she helped." Jake says pointing to Caroline. "You said I could." She laughs going to the kitchen to get started on McKenzie's cake.

"Where is Kenz?" Jake asks. "Tyler took her out to eat so we could get the decorations & everything ready." Lee says blowing up balloons. "Does she know?" Jake asks looking at Dylan because Dylan can't keep a secret for the life of him. "No, I haven't told her anything." He says. "I'm proud of you." They laugh.

"Grandad is bringing his boat, & my sister's husband is bringing 2 jet skis." Lee says going outside & tying balloons around.

"Babe, I'm not sure if your mom told you, but they are surprising Kenzie with a car too." Caroline says putting sprinkles on the cake. Jake nods. "It's at Mama's sister's house, I don't know who's going to surprise her with it." Jake says licking some of the icing. Caroline points at her husband. Jake laughs. "I'm not doing it." He says going outside on the deck.

Soon Lee's parents show up with some presents, then her sisters, & their husbands & kids.

"She's coming!" Dylan yells.

"Don't peek." Tyler says guiding McKenzie through the house. "I'm not." She says coving her eyes with her hands.

"Okay, you can open." He says. "Surprise!" Everyone yells. "Aw, thank y'all." McKenzie says. "Happy Birthday Kenzie." Caroline says. "I mad your favorite cake." "Thanks C, you're the best." McKenzie says hugging Caroline.

Everyone ate, McKenzie opened her presents, she mainly got clothes.

"Kenzie, before you get in the water there's one more present." Emerson says. Lee took McKenzie to the front yard.

"No." McKenzie says in tears hugging her mom. "Happy Birthday Princess." Lee says giving McKenzie a kiss.

She got her dream car. Red Chevy Truck Lifted.

McKenzie ran to the truck & got in. Jake took her picture & wished her a happy birthday on his instagram.

After the party everyone went home. "Thank y'all for the best birthday ever, I love y'all so much." McKenzie says. "We love you Kenzie." Lee says.

"I can't believe you are 16. I remember when mama surprised us on Christmas with you." Tyler says. "Yeah, I remember going to the hospital to meet you for the first time, we all could a sworn that you were a boy, I don't know how mama kept you a secret." Dylan says. Jake laughs. "I couldn't believe I was going to get a little sister, because putting up with these 2 is a lot. I wanted a sister to spice things up a bit around here." Jake says. "We prayed every day & every night for you baby girl." Emerson says. "You are the biggest blessing in our family, & we couldn't imagine life without you in it." Lee adds.

After the nightly prayer everyone heads to bed because they we're heading to Athens in the morning to cheer on Jake.

Overall McKenzie had an amazing birthday, more than she wanted, but she will take it, because she loves her family so much.

i finally updated, lol. McKenzie's birthday isn't until the 31st but i seriously needed to update!
please vote & leave suggestions in the comments for the next chapter! ❤️
ONE WEEK until the Dawgs are back!! 🏈 #GoDawgs #BeatClemson
& did y'all see Jake's first NFL touchdown today? I'm so proud of him!! 🥲 forever my qb!!