January 8th, 2018

26-23. was flashing on the scoreboard, confetti fell from the sky. I tried to hold my emotions in, or until I was with my family.

Walking into the locker room it was so quiet you could hear a pen drop. there was confetti on my shoulder, I just brushed it off, I really did want to remember this night.

Walking out of the Benz to my family that's when i lost it. I hugged my mama & cried.

"Aww, Jake." Lee says rubbing her son's back. Everyone rubbed his back. "I blew it." Jake says with a shaky breath. Emerson shook his head. "No, you didn't, son, it hard to be a QB in the league, & you were a true freshman, not many true freshmen get this opportunity like you did tonight, win or lose, it's an honor to be here." Jake nods. "Your right." Jake says hugging his father.

Jake picked McKenzie up. "You may have lost, but you are still #1 in my book." She says hugging Jake. "I love you so much Kenz." Jake says kissing her cheek.

"Let's get back to Athens & out of this cold." Lee says putting her hands in her coat pockets.

Walking to the car Jake could still picture 26-23 in his head. He will never forget this night, they were so close & he blew it, for himself, & his teammates, this would have been the first National Championship Game win since 1980, 30 years, if they would have won.

Walking into the town house Jake just wanted to go to bed & forget about today. Jake took a shower & get ready for bed.

"Jake, will you give Kenzie a bath please?" Lee asks. "Yes mom." Jake yells getting out of bed annoyed. McKenzie went to the bathroom & heard how annoyed Jake was. McKenzie sat her bath things on the floor.

Jake ran McKenzie's bath water & put bubbles in. Jake helped her get undressed, & sat her in the tub.

"There's always next year." McKenzie whispers playing with a cup. Jake nods. "You're so right." Jake says getting McKenzie out of the tub & helped her dry off.

Jake helped McKenzie brush her teeth & he brushed his as well.

"Goodnight, Kenz, I love you." Jake says tucking his little sister in. "Good night, Jakey, I love you too." McKenzie says back.

Jake went back to his room & his phone was on the bed ringing. It was his fiancé, Caroline.

"Hello?" Jake answers.

"Hey, I'm so proud of you even when you don't win, you are still so amazing." Caroline says.

"Thanks babe, you're the best." Jake says smiling.

They talked about Jake's season for awhile.

"Jake, I have something serious to tell you." Caroline says.

"What's up?" Jake asks wondering what it is.

It was a long silence.

"Caroline?" Jake says. "What's wrong?" Jake asks.

Caroline was crying. "I'm pregnant, Jake. I took it when I get home from the game. I wasn't going to tell you until later." She says. Jake was completely speechless.

"If you want to leave me, I completely understand." Caroline says.

"No, no, I'm not leaving you, that's my child too." Jake says still thunderstruck.

"We're college kids, Jake, & you are just now getting your college career started." She says.

"I know, but we will get through this together, God put us through this for a reason, that baby will be so loved." Jake says tearing up. he couldn't believe he was a dad.

"I'll let you go to bed, Goodnight I love you." Caroline says. "Goodnight babe, I love you too." Jake says.

Jake had a million things going through his mind. How was he going to tell his family that Caroline his pregnant? How will they react? How will his football career go? He even thought about the happy thoughts. That baby is a gift from God.

I think I have my motivation back!! ❤️ Please give me suggestions to write about! & Vote! ❤️ Oh, & Georgia beat Auburn last night!! I feel bad for Tyler though his team lost. ): but Go Dawgs!! 🐶🐾