It Wasnt Me

•McKenzie will be 16•
•I'm going to say this now, if you don't approve of Jake's actions over a year ago, then don't read this chapter. Yes we all have our own opinions on it. & don't come at me for this chapter either, enjoy•

McKenzie & her teammates were warming up tumbling. At this point, Jake's text messages have been exposed.

"How can you live with someone like that?" One girl asks. "I'd be ashamed if he was my brother." Another girl added. "I can't believe I'm friends with someone who doesn't like black people." She added. "Jake isn't like that, at all." McKenzie tries to explain. "The text says other wise, seems to me he's living a double life." The girl adds. "He's not." McKenzie says.

"McKenzie, can I speak to you?" Her coach asks. McKenzie nods going to his office.

"As much as I hate to do this, but you're going to have to call your parents to come get you, & you will no longer be on the team for this season." He says. McKenzie was so hurt & heart broken, cheer is her life. McKenzie nods & grabs her things & heads outside to call her dad.

"Dad." McKenzie says in tears on the phone. "What happened baby girl?" Emerson asks. "You have to come get me from cheer." She says. "Why? I just dropped you off." Emerson questions. "Just come, I'll explain later." She says. Emerson turns the truck around & heads back to the cheer gym.

When Emerson pulled up McKenzie was standing outside in tears. "What happened?" Emerson asks driving away. McKenzie was so upset she couldn't even talk. "Calm down Kenzie." Emerson says. McKenzie calms down enough to tell her father what happened. "I'm not allowed back to the gym this season." She says crying again. "Why?" He asks confused because he hasn't seen the texts because he isn't on social media. "Jake's texts." McKenzie says. "What texts?" He asks trying to understand. "Nothing Dad." McKenzie says not wanting to talk about it because it was making her more & more upset by the minute. When they got home McKenzie went to her room.

Lee looked at Emerson confused because McKenzie was suppose to be at practice for another 2 hours. "What texts?" Emerson whispers to Lee. Lee looks at Emerson with a shocked face & pulls up the message on her phone from Twitter. Emerson reads them. "But why is McKenzie home early?" She asks. Emerson took a deep breath. "She not welcomed back to the gym until this season is over because of those messages." Emerson says as his heart hurts for McKenzie. "You're joking." Lee says. "No, I'm not." Emerson says. Few minutes later Tyler & Dylan came home.

"How was football practice?" Lee asks. Dylan nods. "Good." Dylan goes to take a shower. He seen that McKenzie's light was on in her room.

"What are you doing home?" He asks. McKenzie was still crying. McKenzie just shakes her head. "Kenzie, what's the matter?" Dylan asks sitting on her bed. McKenzie wouldn't even look at Dylan. "I'm not allowed to go back to cheer until this season is over." She says. "Why? It just started, & you haven't had your first competition yet." He asks. "Dylan I don't know, ask Jake when he gets home." McKenzie says super upset. Dylan takes his que to leave & go take a shower.

"Kenzie, you good, baby?" Lee asks sitting on her bed. McKenzie has been crying for over an hour now. "I didn't do nothing, Mama." She says through her tears. "Everyone on the team hates me now." "No they don't, & I know you didn't do anything wrong." Lee says holding her daughter's hand. "We were going to make this right." Lee says. It was 10:30pm. "Get some sleep, I love you." Lee says closing her door.

Lee & Emerson stayed up until Jake got home, 15 minutes later from dropping Caroline off.

"Son, you need to go talk to your sister." Emerson says standing on the porch as Jake got out of his truck. "Why? Is she okay?" Jake asks going in the house. Tyler, Dylan, & Lee we're sitting on the couch & McKenzie was standing up with puffy eyes.

"Kenz, what's the matter?" Jake asks going to go hug her, but McKenzie moves away. "What's wrong with you?" He asks again. She didn't answer. Then he looks at his parents & brothers.

"Something happened today at her cheer practice & it has something to do with this." Lee says handing Jake her phone to show him what supposedly his friend put on Twitter.

"& I'm not allowed back until this season is over." McKenzie says getting upset again. Jake was hurt as well. "Y'all know me better than anyone, I would NEVER say anything rac*st, or put any of our lives at risk, it not who I am." Jake says in tears himself.

"I'm paying for your actions though, & it's, it's not fair." McKenzie says. Jake took a deep breath & hugged his crying sister. She did hug him back because she needed him. "Words definitely got twisted, & you shouldn't pay for my actions, I'd rather get kicked out of UGA than for you to get kicked off of your team, & listen Kenz, if anyone knows us personally, they know what kind of family we are, they wouldn't judge us over a text message over a year ago." Jake says kissing her head.

"I'm going to go talk to your coach tomorrow." Jake says. McKenzie nods wiping he tears. "I love you." Jake says. "I love you too." She says back.

•Tomorrow•

Jake goes to McKenzie cheer gym with McKenzie & no other cheerleaders there.

"Hey Coach, can I talk to you?" Jake asks going into his office with McKenzie behind him.

Coach sighs knowing why Jake was there. "You shouldn't have to punish her because of me." Jake says.

"Jake, you know I love you & your family, but right now, McKenzie doesn't need to be here right now, it's best for her." He says. "It's best for her to be punished because of what I said?" Jake asks. "You know my family, & you know McKenzie, words got twisted." Jake explains. With 30 minutes of explaining the coach gave in.

"It's not fair to her, & she is a great asset to the team, McKenzie, you are back on the team." He says. McKenzie was so happy. "& if those girls give you any trouble, just come to me." He says.

took a big risk with this chapter. please vote & leave suggestions in the comments for the next chapter! ❤️