Different

•McKenzie will be 16•

It's been a whole week since Jake went back to Athens, Tyler is back at Auburn, & Dylan is back at Mercer.

McKenzie got off the bus & walked down to the house. She was so use to seeing 4 trucks & her mom's car parked in the yard, now it's just her mama's car & her daddy's truck.

McKenzie went into the house & put her things in her room.

"Hey Kenzie." Lee says going to her daughter's room. "Your dad & I are going on our monthly date night. Will you be okay here, by yourself?" McKenzie nods.

"If you need anyone just call Dylan because he's less than 30 minutes away." Lee says kissing McKenzie's head. "We will be back after while."

After her parents left. McKenzie went to go fix her something to eat, she just fixes some chicken nuggets in the microwave.

She sits down on the couch & watches something that she recorded the night before, Pretty Little Liars. After the show ends she heads upstairs to her room & checks her phone it was already 7:30pm. She decides to go take a shower.

While she was getting ready to get in the shower, Tyler facetimes her. Everyday after school or practice her brothers facetime her, it's McKenzie favorite time of the day.

"Hey short stuff." Tyler says driving to his door.

"Hey Ty." McKenzie says looking in her closet for something so sleep in.

"Did you have a good day?" He asks.

"Yeah. Did you?" She says putting her pajamas on the vanity, she goes back into her room & sits in her bubble chair.

"Yeah, well, kinda." Tyler says parking his truck in front of the dorms, & focuses on his sister.

McKenzie smiles. "What happened?"

"I was walking to class. & you know it rained last night, well I wasn't watching where I was going & I walked straight into a mud puddle, my shoe & sock were wet the entire day." Tyler laughs. "Bet you had a better day than me."

"No, my day was boring, in all my classes we are studying for the benchmarks & I have a review packet to do." McKenzie says very annoyed.

Tyler smiles. "You got this shorty. I know you will get all A's on your benchmarks, you are the smartest one in the class."

"Thanks Ty." McKenzie says.

"Well. I'm going to let you go & study. I'll see you next weekend, bye I love you." Tyler says waving at McKenzie. "Bye, I love you too." McKenzie says before Tyler hangs up.

McKenzie sat in her chair for a little bit & thought about how much she misses her brothers. The she went to go take her a shower.

After her shower she wraps her hair up in a towel & does her night time routine. She was brushing her teeth when Dylan called wanting to facetime. McKenzie accidentally hits the wrong button. Dylan calls back again, & she answers.

"Girl, I see how it is, you don't want to talk to your favorite brother." Dylan says jokingly watching tv.

McKenzie laughs while putting moisturizer on. "You're not my favorite brother." She says.

Dylan looks at her like it hurt his feelings. "Hurtful." He says sassily. "I'm going to take your spot of being the sassiest."

"No your not, you can't top the queen." McKenzie says brushing her hair.

"Queen?" Dylan questions. "We all know you are the princess of the house & Mama is the queen."

"I know." McKenzie smiles.

"We're is Mama?" Dylan asks.

"Her & daddy went on a date, & left me here alone." She says throwing her phone on the bed so she could get dressed.

"Don't throw me, you could have hurt me." Dylan says.

McKenzie rolls her eyes. "Shut up." She says laughing.

McKenzie sat on the bed & props Dylan up on the wall. She starts to put lotion on her legs & arms.

"Is that the kind I gave you?" Dylan asks. McKenzie nods. Warm Vanilla is her favorite scent.

They talked for a good hour. "I'm going to go Kenzie, Good night I love you, see you soon." Dylan says. "Good night, I love you too." McKenzie says still putting lotion on as Dylan ends the call.

McKenzie starts to get ready for bed. Hoping Jake would call, but she completely understands if he don't because he has a lot on his plate, as being the most talented QB in the SEC.

2 hours pass it was 11:30pm. McKenzie just faced the fact that Jake wasn't going to call. She turned her tv off & her lights.

Few minutes later Jake calls.

"Hey Kenz, I'm so sorry, I know it's late. Coach wouldn't let us leave until we got every perfect." Jake says going to get something to eat.

McKenzie smiles. "It's okay Jake, I know you are super busy."

"You are the best little sister ever." Jake says to McKenzie. "Did the twins call you?"

McKenzie nods. Jake was very strict on his brothers's calling their parents & McKenzie every night.

"Got any homework?" Jake asks eating his burger.

"Yeah, but I already did it." McKenzie says.

"Good girl." Jake says.

"Burger good?" She asks seeing Jake eat his burger in a hurry.

"So good." He says drinking his drink.

"I miss you." McKenzie says starting to get a little sad. "I miss all of y'all."

"Aww, Kenz, it's okay, we will all be back together before you know it." Jake says as his heart hurts for his little sister.

"Yeah I know, its just not the same. Like, I'm use to the loudness y'all bring. I'm not use to a very quiet house." She says.

"I know, I know." Jake says not knowing what to say to help his sister feel better.

McKenzie & Jake talked for over 3 hours until McKenzie fell asleep on Jake.

Jake smiles. "Good night, Kenz, I love you to the moon & back & further than that." Jake says before ending the call.

Sorry if this on is a mess. literally just thought of this one! please vote & leave suggestions in the comments for the next chapter! ❤️

we are PEACH BOWL CHAMPS!! tbh i didn't think we were going to win, but you never doubt the Dawgs EVER! I love our kicker!

Good night! ❤️