Sick

It was 3 pm McKenzie was walking down the driveway from her bus, it was Friday, all she could think about was thank goodness, because it had been on of those weeks.

"Hey princess." Lee says waiting for her at the door.

"Hey mama." McKenzie says hugging her mom.

Mckenzie went up to her room & sat her belongings down on the floor & changed clothes. She changed into Nike sweats & a Salt Life shirt.

When she walked downstairs her brother's were home. They were getting ready to head back to the high school for their football game vs Lee County.

McKenzie just didn't feel like going. Which is very unusual.

"Emerson, will you stay here with McKenzie. Keep an eye on her, she seems a bit off." Lee says to her husband in his home office.

Emerson nods. "I sure will."

Few minutes later, the boys & Lee head to the football game.

McKenzie watch tv in the living room & laid on the couch wrapped up in a blanket.

Emerson came out of his office & went to the kitchen to see what to cook for supper.

"You okay, Kenzie?" Emerson asked looking at McKenzie wrapped up in a blanket.

McKenzie nodded. Truth to be told, she feels like crap, her stomach hurts, & she has a headache.

Emerson fixed some chicken & fries. He handed McKenzie her food. She ate some fries but that's it. She sat her food on the coffee table & laid back down.

Emerson sat at the end of her feet. He seen that she didn't eat anything, he was a little bit concerned.

"I'm going to bed." McKenzie told her dad. "Okay... Wait Kenzie, are you sure you're okay?" Emerson asked before she went up stairs.

McKenzie shook her head. "What's wrong princess?" Emerson asked. McKenzie shrugged. "I have a headache & my stomach hurts." She says rubbing her head.

Emerson nodded. "Go get in bed, I'll tell your mother when she gets home. Goodnight I love you."

"Goodnight daddy, love you too." McKenzie whispers hugging her father.

McKenzie went up stairs to her room & got in bed.

2 hours later Lee & the boys came back home.

"That was one heck of a game!" Dylan laughs.

"Shh, McKenzie is sleeping, she's not feeling good." Emerson says to the boys. All 3 were concerned about their sister.

McKenzie heard her brothers in the living room so she got out of bed to go see them.

When she walked downstairs to the kitchen Lee noticed how red McKenzie face was. McKenzie sat on the bar stool at the island where her brothers were talking about their football game winning in overtime.

Lee walked over to McKenzie & felt of her face. "You are a bit warm. Do you still have a headache?" Lee asks. McKenzie nods taking a sip of some water.

"Sorry I couldn't come to the game." McKenzie says to her brothers.

Dylan shook his head. "None of that Kenzie, we know you don't feel good."

Tyler & Jake nodded in agreement as well.

"Boys y'all go take showers." Lee says.

McKenzie went to her bathroom & just sat in the tub to see if it would help. She sat in the tub for about 15 minutes then she got out & put some shorts & a tank top on & walked back downstairs where the family was in the living room talking & watching tv.