Too Much Time?

•McKenzie will be 15•

"Bye Mama, I'll see you in a little while." Jake yells going to his truck, he was on his way to pick up Caroline & spend the day with her.

Lee was cleaning up the kitchen when McKenzie came down from her room. "Hey girly." She says. "Hey mama." "Jake, just went to get Caroline, he's probably going to bring her back here." Lee tells McKenzie. McKenzie just nods feeling kind of sad because Jake has been spending so much time with Caroline & not a lot of time with her like he use to.

About an hour later Jake pulls in the driveway & him & Caroline get out. "Want to watch a movie or go fishing?" Jake asks Caroline going into the kitchen. Caroline hugs Lee. "Doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm with you." She says. Jake thought for a minute. "I'll go get us some fishing poles, meet you at the pond." He says going to the basement. Caroline nods walking out the back door to the pond.

"He didn't even talk to me." McKenzie tells her Mama looking at her phone. "Don't take it personal Kenzie, he probably didn't even see you laying there." Lee says. "& I know what you are thinking too." Lee says taking a set on the couch next to her daughter. "Jake is spending a lot of time with Caroline & not enough time with me." McKenzie nods.

"It's okay to feel that way, but you need to talk to Jake or Caroline if it's bothering you that bad. You know your brother would never do anything to hurt you or your feelings, & he won't know unless you talk to him." Lee explains. "I can't make you talk to them, but if I was you, I would so this doesn't go on for too long." Lee says getting up giving McKenzie a kiss on the head.

McKenzie thought about what her mother told her, so she walked down to the pond where Jake & Caroline were.

At first she didn't say anything to them, maybe Jake would say hey or something, or even get a conversation going, but he didn't, he just kept talking to Caroline.

McKenzie stayed out there for a good 10 minutes then she decided to go in because they wasn't including her in their fishing.

"Did you talk to them?" Lee asks. McKenzie slams the door. "No." She says angrily going to her room. Emerson & the twins both looked at Lee & she explains why McKenzie was upset.

After a good hour of fishing Jake & Caroline went back inside. "Who caught the most?" Dylan asks. "It's was a tie." Caroline says sitting down on the couch. "Can't believe Jake let it be a tie." Tyler says laughing, Jake always wants to be the one with the most fish. Jake came back in the living room with a glass of tea for Caroline. "Thanks babe." She says taking her tea.

"Anyone seen McKenzie? Haven't seen her all afternoon." Jake says watching the Braves on TV. Lee gives Jake a look. "Really?" She asks. "What?" Jake says confused. "She went out there with y'all a couple minutes after y'all went out there & she stayed with y'all for at least 10 minutes & then she came back in." Lee says upset with her son for ignoring his sister like that.

"Did you see her come out?" Jake asks Caroline. Caroline shook her head, no.

"She's probably in her room, because you've been ignoring her for the last 2 hours." Lee says laying back on the couch.

Jake motions for Caroline to come with him, they both head up to McKenzie's room. She had her door shut. Jake knocks. "Kenz, can I come in?" Jake asks. "Why? So you can ignore me? Go spend time with Caroline." She says. Jake sighs. "I'm going to go back downstairs." Caroline says, she wanted Jake to handle this. "No, Kenz, open the door." He says.

McKenzie opens the door. "What? You didn't have to come up here, you could have stayed with Caroline." McKenzie says scrolling through her phone.

Jake sits down in her bubble chair. "Stop." He says. "Why?" She asks. "You've been ignoring me ever since you've picked her up."

Jake feels horrible right now. "I know, & I'm sorry, no one should ever come before you, not even Caroline." Jake says.

"Then why didn't you say hey or something to me when I was laying on the couch after you got back for Caroline's?" She asks.

"Because I for real didn't see you laying there, if I did i would have said something, I didn't know that you came out of your room." He explains.

"Okay, then, why did you & Caroline ignore me when I walked to the pond, I know y'all seen me."

Jake took a deep breath. "Kenz, I don't know. I was stupid for not talking to you, yes, I seen you."

"Do you even realize how bad that hurt? I stood there for 10 minutes & not one of y'all said a word to me, you didn't even ask if I wanted to join." McKenzie explains in tears. "That hurt Jake."

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again." He says getting up & giving McKenzie a hug.

"Do you want to go to the movies with Caroline & I tonight?" Jake asks trying to make up from what happened today. McKenzie nods.

After the day went on McKenzie forgave Jake & Caroline.

I finally updated lol. please vote & leave suggestions in the comments for the next chapter! ❤️