Changes

"Boys, it's time for school." Lee says turning on the twin's lights. She walked to Jake's room & did the same. Then to McKenzie's room.

The boys got dressed & was down for breakfast in no time.

"Mama, can you come here." McKenzie yells now stairs.

"Jake, keep an eye on the bacon, I'll be back." Lee says going up the stairs to her daughter's room.

"What is it princess?" Lee says walking into McKenzie's room & shutting the door. McKenzie was half dressed, no pants on just a shirt.

"There's blood." She says quietly kind of scared because her mother had never talked to her about hour her body would be changing.

"It's okay, Kenzie it's completely normal." Lee says grabbing her daughter a new pair of underwear & a pad.

She helped McKenzie put the pad on & showed her how to place it.

"Do you have anything planned at school today?" Lee asks because the first day of a woman's period is always rough.

McKenzie shook her head. "Just review for the benchmarks coming up in 2 weeks."

"Get back in bed. You're not going to school today. The first day is going to be the hardest & trust me I know the feeling." Lee says leaving the room.

"She okay?" Jake asks as his mother comes down stairs. Lee nods.

"Girl problems." Lee says eating a piece of bacon.

"She's not going to school today, I'm going to let her stay home." Lee adds.

Jake felt really bad for his sister, he knew how bad Caroline's period is.

As the boys left for school, McKenzie laid on the couch & watched some tv.

Lee brought her a heating pad. "This will be your best friend for a couple of days." Lee says laying the heating pad on McKenzie's stomach.

"Is there anything I can get you? Some minstrel pills? Something to eat or drink?" Lee asks holding her daughter's hand.

"No mom, I'm fine. I took some pills not too long ago." McKenzie says adjusting the heating pad to the place that hurts the most.

"Okay." Lee smiled. Lee went to the laundry room & did some laundry while McKenzie just laid on the couch & eventually she fell asleep.

•After school•

The boys got into Jake's truck.

"School was so much fun today." Dylan says excitedly.

"Tonight is going to be even better." Tyler says.

They were talking about their playoff game.

"We have to win tonight, no question about it." Dylan says.

Jake wasn't really thinking about the game, if he thinks too much about it, he knows she will screw it up, so he tries not to think about it. Really his mind was on his sister at the moment.

"I'm going to stop by Chick-Fil-A for McKenzie, do y'all want anything." Jake says getting out his debit card.

Tyler & Dylan shook their heads.

Jake ordered McKenzie usual. 12 piece nugget meal, with honey mustard, & a large sweet tea, with a vanilla milkshake.

"Mama, we're home." Jake yells. He looked over at McKenzie asleep on the couch with the heating pad still on her stomach.

Jake sets the food on the coffee table in front of his sister. McKenzie wakes up enough to talk to Jake.

"How you feel?" He asks placing a straw in her drink for her.

McKenzie shrugs. "Everything hurts." She whispers.

"I'm sorry Kenz, I got your favorite from chick-fil-a maybe that will help you feel better a little bit." Jake says.

"Thanks Jake." She says eating some of her chicken.

"You're welcome Kenz." Jake says going upstairs to his room to work on homework.

Lee fixed everyone supper McKenzie still laid on the couch.

"It really hasn't been a rough day, she's just been laying around, is all." Lee says to her husband. Emerson nods. "I'll take the boys to their game, you need to stay here with her." Emerson says kissing Lee temple.

Dylan sat on the couch beside McKenzie putting his shoes on. It's tough seeing his little sister in so much pain, he's glad that it only comes once a month & the worst day is almost over.

Before the boys left they kissing McKenzie's head.

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. please vote & leave suggestions in the comments or dm me suggestions! ❤️