Depression

•McKenzie will be 16•

It was 4am on Saturday morning McKenzie had yet to go to sleep. She had been in her thoughts all night long. After 2 hours of crying she finally got the courage to call Jake.

"Hello, Kenz, you okay? It's 4am." Jake answers sleeplessly he just went to bed 3 hours before.

"Jake, I can't do this anymore." McKenzie says crying.

"Kenz, what's wrong?" Jake asks getting out of bed. He was currently in Athens, with a huge game today.

There was a long silence. "McKenzie, you better answer me." He says in a serious tone. "Kaleb broke up with me, & my depression is coming back." McKenzie chokes out.

Jake felt so bad right now, that he can't be with his sister. "Kenz, go get Tyler or Dylan & talk to them, please." Jake says freaking out, because this wasn't the first time McKenzie has done this.

"No." She says hanging up the phone. McKenzie laid in bed & was back in her thoughts again. Her phone was ringing off the hook from Jake. "I'm not enough." She says with tears running down the side of her face.

"Kenzie, open up." Tyler says shaking the door knob. Tyler took the key & opened her door. McKenzie had a tack in her hand & was cutting her arm with it.

"Kenzie, stop." Tyler says taking the tack away from her. "No, what are you doing." She yells.

"Shh, it's okay." Tyler says bringing her into a tight hug. McKenzie let all her tears out & feelings into Tyler. "I'm not good enough Ty." She says. "Kenzie, you are more than enough, you are perfect just the way you are." He explains still holding her.

Tyler let McKenzie let it all out. "I'm tired of faking being happy when it's killing me on the inside, I just want to be the happy McKenzie everyone knows." She says catching her breath.

Tyler kisses her head in tears himself, but he wouldn't let McKenzie see him cry, he tries to stay strong for her. "& you don't have to Kenzie, you don't have to fake it, if you are not happy, don't fake it. It's okay to cry, it's okay to be angry, it's okay to have emotions, what's not okay is holding it in." Tyler explains.

"I almost ended it Ty." She says. Tyler took a deep breath & cried. He couldn't imagine life without McKenzie. All he could think about was if Jake didn't call him, & if he didn't open that door McKenzie wouldn't be hugging him right now. "I even had a goodbye note." She says looking at her bed.

"Stand in the hallway, I'm going to go get Dylan." Tyler says needing help because he couldn't do it on his own anymore.

"Dyl." Tyler says shaking he's brother awake. "What dude." Dylan says mad because it's 5am on a Saturday morning. "I need help." Tyler says. Dylan seen that he was crying. "Why?" Dylan asks. Tyler took a deep breath & wiped his tears. "It's McKenzie. Jake called me about 30 minutes ago saying Kenzie was talking crazy, & he wanted me to check on her, so I went to her room, & she was cutting herself with a tack, & still talking about taking her own life, bro, she even had a goodbye letter." Tyler explains with his tears starting again. Dylan had his mouth opened in disbelief. "There's no telling how long this has been going on." Tyler says sitting on the bed feeling like the worst brother ever.

Tyler motions for McKenzie to come see Dylan. She walked into his room slowly. Dylan could see the blood traces on her arm. "Kenzie." Dylan says softly setting up giving her a hug & looking at her arms.

There was a long silence for a good five minutes. Dylan hated to ask but he wanted to know. "What made you change you mind?" He asks getting emotional a little. McKenzie shrugs. "It's okay, you don't have to answer." He says giving her a hug because that's the only thing he knew what to do.

Not long after Jake walks in, running to McKenzie giving her a hug. "Kenz, baby." Jake says crying. "It's okay, Jakey is here." He says.

"Ty, I know this is hard enough as is, but mom & dad are up, go tell them. I didn't have the guts to." Jake says. "Dylan, go with him. I got her." They both nod going to tell their parents.

McKenzie showed her arms to Jake. Jake ran his finger across them. Jake hugged her again. "I love you so much." He says. "I almost ended it." She whispers. Jake closed his eyes wishing he didn't hear her say that. "Then I thought about you, the twins, mama, & daddy. I thought about how much pain I would have put y'all through if I did. I even made a goodbye letter." She says.

Jake didn't want to let go of his sister. "Kenz, we want to help you, I know that's better said than done. I'd rather listen to you than attend your funeral at 16." Jake says crying. "You have so much more life to live."

"I love you Jake." She says.

After McKenzie was all cried out. Her & Jake went downstairs to their parents.

Lee instantly hugged McKenzie. "We love you so much, baby girl, if you ever need to talk to any of us, don't hesitate. We want to help you get through this tough time." She says. McKenzie nods.

"& you know how special you are? Jake drove 2 hours in the dark, just to make sure his baby sister was okay." Emerson says. McKenzie smiles a little.

"We love you Kenzie." Dylan says & everyone hugs her. "I love y'all so much." McKenzie says getting tearful because she realizes how blessed she really is.

this was a request, it was a hard/sad one to do. ): please vote & leave suggestions in the comments for the next chapter. ❤️