Feelings Are Hard

McKenzie got off the bus & walked to the house. It was a long day at school. All she wanted to do was just to go to bed & sleep.

Both her parents wasn't at home. Tyler & Dylan went with them as well. The only one there was Jake.

Jake walked down stairs to McKenzie.

"I'm so glad your home! Gosh it's been boring being here alone." Jake laughed picking up McKenzie.

McKenzie smiled.

"How was school?" Jake asked getting McKenzie a snack.

"It was okay." She responded looking down. Jake handed her a granola bar. McKenzie shook her head. "No, thanks, I'm not hungry." McKenzie said going to her room. Jake knew something was wrong, but he waited until she was calm enough to tell him.

McKenzie laid in her bed & just cried. "Why am I feeling like this?" McKenzie said. "I'm so tired." She cried.

Few minutes later Jake walked up stairs to McKenzie's room. Jake knocked on her door. "Kenzie, can I come in?" He asked. Jake walked in & seen McKenzie on the bed bawling her eyes out.

"Kenz... what's wrong?" He asked sitting on the bed next to her. Truth to be told, McKenzie didn't want to tell anyone because they didn't want them to worry about her.

Jake rubbed her back. Trying to get her to calm down. McKenzie crawled over to Jake & sat in his lap & cried into his neck. Jake brushes her hair with his fingers. "It's okay." He whispered into her ear & kissed her cheek.

"Can you tell Jake why your so upset?" He asked patting her back. McKenzie just buried her face deeper into his neck. "It's okay, Jake is here." He said rubbing her back as he felt tears on his neck.

Few minutes later McKenzie looked up at Jake. It broke his heart to see his sister like this. Her eyes were red & her cheeks were soaked in her tears. Jake wiped her tears with his thumbs.

"Can you tell me why your so upset?" He asked holding her face. McKenzie shrugged. "Just a long day?" He asked. McKenzie nodded. "I'm sorry, baby. It's okay now. Jake is right here." He said as he brought McKenzie into a hug.

McKenzie cried again. "Baby, you're okay, if you don't stop crying you're going to make yourself sick." He said.

"How about a nice warm bath & after that we can watch a movie, whatever movie you want to watch." Jake said trying to reason with her.

McKenzie nodded.

"Okay, but first let's clean that pretty face of yours." Jake said carrying her to the bathroom. Jake sat her down on the sink & wetted a rag. He wiped her face & neck off. Jake looked at McKenzie through the mirror because she was looking at herself too.

"You know it's okay to have bad days? Everyone has them." Jake explained. McKenzie nodded. Jake rubbed her back.

"Let's get you in the tub." Jake said turning around feeling the tub up with water.

He help McKenzie get undressed. "Go on." He said for her to get in.

McKenzie sat down in the tub. The warm water felt so good. Jake helped her wash her body & hair. Jake kisses her nose & she laughed. Jake smiled. "There's a laugh. Ready to get out?" He asked. She shook her head. "Yes, if you don't you will turn into a raisin." Jake laughed.

McKenzie got out of the water & Jake helped dry her off. "Brush your teeth." Jake said handed McKenzie her toothbrush.

After they got out of the bathroom Jake dressed McKenzie in her pajamas.

Jake carries her to the living room & tackled her with kisses & tickles. McKenzie squealed & laughed. "Stoppp." She said laughing. Jake stopped for a minute to let her catch her breath. Then he did it again.

Their parents & brothers walked through the door & heard McKenzie squealing.

Lee walked over the couch & looked at McKenzie & smiled. "You good?" She asked. "No." McKenzie said laughing. Lee smiled. She loves seeing her kids so happy.

"Okay, okay, I'm done." Jake said getting up. "Promise?" McKenzie said out of breath. "Promise." He said walking to the kitchen.

"We brought some dinner home." Lee said pointing to the food on the table.

"Kenzie, come eat girly." Lee yelled. McKenzie ran to the table. "Someone is a little hyper." Lee said handing McKenzie her food.

Jake said the prayer & everyone ate. Jake kept taking McKenzie's fries. "Stoppp it." McKenzie said smiling. "But yours are better." Jake said with a sad face. "They can from the same place though." McKenzie said sassy. laughing at her brother. Dylan shook his head.

Dylan put his finger over his mouth for McKenzie to shush. "You're being so loud." He said smiling. McKenzie smiled. "I'm sorry." She laughed.

"Someone has got the giggles." Lee said smiling at her daughter. "I love it." Emerson said.

After everyone ate they sat in the living room. Dylan & Tyler played the PlayStation while Jake picked on McKenzie. & McKenzie picked on Jake.

Jake grabbed McKenzie's foot & tickled the bottom of it. "You're so ticklish." Jake said. "I need to tell you something." McKenzie said. Jake leaned over to her. "I want to go back to Athens with you." She said.  "I'll she's what I can do." Jake said.

It was getting late. Jake & McKenzie walked up stairs to Jake's room. Jake handed McKenzie the tv remote. "Pick a movie. I'm going to go take a shower." Jake said sitting McKenzie on the bed.

Few minutes later Jake came back & got in bed with McKenzie. McKenzie picked Finding Nemo. Jake put his arm around her. Halfway through the movie McKenzie was out. Jake kisses her head. "Goodnight Kenz, I love you." He whispered to her.

So sorry for the late update. My mind had been drawing a blank of what to write. I thought this was super cute! Please vote! & leave suggestions in the comments! ❤️