The Red men

Grayson's POV

My eyes slowly open, feeling my chest rising and falling heavier than normal. I look down to see a fast asleep Skye cuddled into me. I smile at the sight of the wavy haired fiery tempered girl so peaceful. This will be the rare occasion she isn't outsmarting me but I secretly love it.

I wish I could stay like this forever but it's nearly morning and I don't want to mess anything up between us. She said Tyler moved too fast and that's what I'm avoiding. I also don't want to wake up with a knife in my chest.

I carefully cradle her head resting it back on the pillow, she slightly stirred but settled, to my relief. I kissed her on the forehead and left the room. I leant on the door finally being able to breath. That took way too much control, I constantly battle between what I want and trying to read her mind. Skye is far from an open book.

The spare room opposite Skye was what I decided. Sleep was near impossible now so, a shower to clear my mind is the best option.

I must have been in there for a while since the sun is fully up and coming through the curtains. I had a lot on my mind but even the steaming hot water didn't erase it. I stepped out of the room when something bounced off of me well, more like someone.

"Morning princess" I tease. I figured it's an appropriate nickname considering her mafia status plus, it's cute.

I could tell she was a little sleepy but she still managed to give me her supposed evil eyes when I said "You should look where you're going"

"What are you even doing here? I thought you left" it was a fair point, there wasn't much of a goodbye more like a sneak out without the walk of shame.

"I did. Well, across the hall" I looked back at the room even though it was clear where I was, at this point I just make myself seem stupid. "I assumed you would freak out if I stayed over so, I borrowed your guest room instead"

Her smile told me I did something right "I respect that"

Suddenly the poker winnings flashed through my mind. A thought that had been bugging me since I won it.

"I believe this is yours"

I held the bag out but she merely glances at it "keep it, you earned it"

I thought she was joking but her face was deadly serious. " I can't. Skye... this... this is your money" her face remained unbothered

"You earned way more, besides, it'll pay for the suit you and my brothers are picking up" I learned she refers to Blake as her brother. He had been a part of her life from the beginning and they've been through a lot more than imaginable together and maybe because he'll refer to himself as her brother.

I smiled and went on my way but this time it was both my head and heart that stopped me. I dropped the bag and pulled Skye to me. I held her waist close and kissed her. The best feeling is when she kisses back. I've never got the rush or the warm feeling from kissing anyone, not like I have with Skye. Her hand found its place on the back of my neck. All my senses are too far gone to control but to our despair a cough broke the moment.

I wasn't the only one who didn't want it to end, Skye still had her eyes shut like she's savouring the moment.

"If you're quite done feeling up my sister, we're going" out of everyone it had to be Axel who caught us. I had got used to Skye's threating manner but Axel's is near impossible, I understand why he's so feared.

"let them be Bro" Blake's certainly brave, I had to imagine what consequences that's had in the past.

"He's lucky Vanessa made me promise to behave"