Say your goodbyes!

Skye's POV

We did not receive an emergency call from any of my family when we woke, I assumed everyone behaved themselves and didn't cause a grand war. Blake and Mia of course had the biggest hangover of the century which was predictable but everyone seemed to be in order. It gave us time to eat and watch pointless TV, a day off is something I don't do but this was an exception.

~~~

The ride to school was the most pleasant that I've had, I didn't think a lot would change between Grayson and I since we did sort of act like a couple before but I did feel more relaxed, he was right about playing games yet we've both won in the same way. Even his hand on my leg brought me a strange comfort.

"Nobody would miss us, right? I can think of a hundred better ways to spend the day" Grayson complained as he parked the car.

I glared at him being the typical anti-school student "Suck it up handsome. Besides, you have me showing you up in exactly three classes today" he rolled his eyes and grabbed his bag from the back seat.

I'll admit walking through the school hand in hand with Grayson did play on my mind as a sign of weakness, like I had stepped down from my independence but it didn't feel wrong, we fit together.

Brooke chocked on air, Josie patted her back in panic. I giggled reaching our lockers. Grayson gracious let me go.

"Is this a cruel trick or are you two...?" she waved her finger between Grayson and I, I rolled my eyes ignoring her question leaving Grayson, he nodded his head chuckling.

She slammed my locker door "And you didn't tell me?" the familiar fury from the ball night returned.

"Ghee, glad I have a spare set of hands" I sarcastically bit back regarding her locker slam, her eyes only burnt into me more intense "We only saw you 24 hours ago and I'm pretty sure you were a resident in hang over city"

She tilted her head agreeing. We both got caught up in our little sass battle and forgot we had Grayson and Josie with us, they stood both amused and confused at how we spoke to each other.

Brooke turned to Josie finally giving Grayson and I a second together. "I need to get to class" I groaned at his sudden eagerness for education "But, I'll see you later" he moved closer cupping my cheek with his hand, holding me against the lockers slightly in a gentle kiss. He broke away with a smile, we hadn't kissed in school since the stunt I pulled him into but this one was real.

He walked down the hall leaving just me and the girls "Before you comment, yes it was cliché but I don't care" I quickly said shifting my attention to them. Brooke raised her eyebrows with a grin while Josie raised her hands in surrender. This is something I'm going to have to adapt to.

My mind being so consumed by information and events is far for unordinary but so many of them with unexplainable reasons is.

I do sometimes question our teachers considering we are sat in class learning is exactly the same as last week but it gives me time to join some dots together.

Brooke of course was pestering me with questions regarding the newest change in my personal life.

"All I'm saying is you had an empty house and all night I don't see what stopped you" she laughed down the hall.

I nudged her "Keep your voice down. We aren't there yet, it did cross my mind but there's something called self-control. Look it up" She narrowed her eyes in jest and we made it back to our lockers.

"Josie and I are going to see and movie and get some food tomorrow, double date?" she asks poking me sides with a sparkling eye.

"You Brooke are just so adorable" I bopped her nose "but no" she shook her head in frustration but she was still smiley.

My phone started buzzing. "Who is it?"

"Axel" I groan. Axel's phone calls either go one way or another, there is no in between. Brooke steps back from her locker with concern.

I took a deep breath and answered "Brother"

His words felt like a knife to the heart. It started to fill with rage and it was aimed at one person, someone in this very school. I dropped the phone, it hit the floor with a smash. A familiar laugh was all I heard. I turned to see the person whom my anger was for. I saw red, my jaw clenched and breath heavy I stormed over to him.

His laughter soon stopped when he saw me, a large shot of adrenaline filled my body allowing me to pin his against his locker by his neck only using my arm, leaving his feet dangling in the air. I felt the presence slowly empty.

"You knew they were doing it didn't you?"

He struggled against me "I don't know what you're talking about Skye"

"It's not Skye, you're dealing with X" The colour drained from his face, it wasn't long enough for his circulation to drain so it had to be my words

I pressed a sharp bade into his stomach out of sight from everyone else "You know what this is don't you Tyler?" the fear in his eyes reminded me of how much power I hold, he knew what I have done but not what I'm fully capable of, nobody does. I started to twist the blade that is so close to piercing his skin.

"Skye, stop" a new voice said behind me, I didn't respond but Grayson placed one hand on my shoulder and the other on my waist. As he got closer he must have seen the bigger threat

He spoke gently "Think this through Skye"

"What makes you think you can stop me?" I bite still staring at Tyler's struggle.

"As your boyfriend and Partner" he emphasised the use of partner, why did he have to go there? "He'll get what's coming to him but not here"

As much as it pained me, he was right. At this point in time I wanted nothing more than to kill Tyler along with everything he ever loved but I can't put the entire Wolves at risk, I'm better than that.

I moved my blade slipping it back to its original place, relieving Tyler from the immense pressure, he gasped for breath.

"Start saying your goodbyes" I spit before storming passed Grayson heading for the door.

Bruising Tyler's ego and stripping him of his bad boy status was far from enough but that's all I have for now and a pissed off Grayson.

"Skye, what the hell was that about?" Grayson yelled running after me.

He caught up to me and pulled my arm facing him, he must have sensed the broken emotion that consumed me, this I couldn't hide.

He knew I didn't need words instead he pulled me in and held me "What can I do?" he asked with his chin resting on my head.

"You can drive"

He pulled back suddenly looking more confused, it wasn't giving much information away "Where?"

"Miss Valerie's dance studio"