Inpatient

Skye's POV

If Baxter's sudden movements were bad my Mum topped it the second she walked in.

She rushes over planting a kiss on my forehead. Her hands squeeze my cheeks as she examines my face "Thank god you're alive"

"I'm fine Mum" I say in the most reassuring voice I can "How's Tyler doing?" she plasters a smile on "Okay, clearly you aren't going to be honest" I turn to my Dad "So, I'll ask you"

He slightly tips his head agreeing with my Mum's habit of sugar coating "Considering the chances of him making it out of there were slim, he's doing alright"

That's one way to look at it I guess. I know nobody is going to go into detail.

The door creeks open again. My mouth smiles so wide it nearly hurts "The hero of the hour" Blake strolls further in and takes a bow. Harvey was right, he's going to milk this one, I don't blame him, he put his life on the line.

He leans over giving me a warm side hug, his clothes smell smoky but he's not stuck in one of these gowns so he's the real winner.

Axel, Vanessa and Brooke came minutes later. Axel had to catch Brooke mid-air as she pounced towards me. She sulked like a stroppy toddler but calmed down when I let her sit on my bed.

My room soon became crowed. After many conversations on how they were all scared senseless about losing us my anxiety started rising. They're in here while Tyler is on his own. He doesn't have family and deep down I know his Father has something to do with this. We're all he has

"Hey Ax" I say getting his attention while the other talk "Thanks for the whole rescue thing" he quietly chuckles, we don't do sentimental very often "I'm your brother Skye, I'd do anything for you" he squeezes my hand, nostalgia hits me, when I started working with them he would take my hand to calm my nerves "Besides, they'd kick my ass if I let you roast like a marshmallow" I nudge him for his sarcasm but admire his honesty.

The door inches open accompanied by a deep yet warming voice "Room for one more?"

I rest my head back seeing Baxter. I hum yes, he winks as he walks past. Axel graciously gives up the seat next to me allowing Baxter to take his original position.

He sits down and hands me a piece of paper. I look cluelessly at it, the room is pretty dark and I'm not exactly in the mood for some reading and this wasn't the light kind "What is it that I'm looking at?" I question glaring at him.

He smirks "That is the receipt of my clean bill of health" he looks proudly as he snatches it away "I knew you wouldn't believe me without evidence" I roll my eyes. I would have checked with Harvey to make sure he wasn't pulling wool over my eyes.

"I bring good news"

"I can take this stupid gown off and be discharged" I excitedly say cutting him off.

He glares a me "They want you in for tonight, that was my bad news"

I sigh in disappointment. He pushes a messy strand of my hair away "The good news is, you can see Tyler when you feel ready"

Suddenly the good news outshone the bad, Baxter has a perfect track record of that. Although it's good news, I feel very nauseous. Everyone's been telling me he's okay and he's stable but until I see him with my own eyes I can't possibly feel at ease.

~~~

My Mum tried to bargain staying with me but I fear the boys may fall apart without her or worse, set something on fire.