Blue

Skye's POV

The car comes to a stop, I look up to see multiple building separated into apartments. I follow him in, the elevator rides is short seeing as it's the third floor

Baxter opens his door revealing a long hallway. He leads the way throwing his keys in a fish bowl. The living room is spacious and well furnished. The sofa looks extra comfy and the flat screen occupying the best part of the wall is going to meet the need of late night television just right.

"What?" he asks, registering my astonishment

I shook my head with a grin "Nothing, it's just, I never imagined you living like an adult. I was convinced you slept under your bar" he rolls his eyes at me as I chuckle.

"Now you mention it, I do nap under the bar occasionally" That comes as no surprise.

I extend my neck in attempts to peer into the kitchen. I hold my desire to snoop, I'm a guest, I know better than to be rude. I turn back to see he's no longer in the room. Maybe the no snooping rule doesn't apply when he's not around.

Before I reach the kitchen, I hear my name being called. I spin around only to be greeted by a bonny St. Bernard.

His paws could barely grip he's moving so fast, his tail wagging a million miles per hour, he could take off any second.

I bend down as he bounds over. His big build knocks me back. I giggle as he licks me.

"Okay, boy. That's enough" I head Baxter say as he pulls his collar. My chest becomes a lot lighter but I already miss the big bundle of fur.

"You didn't tell me you kept Blue" playfully say not taking my attention away from the big friendly giant in front of me.

He laughs patting the top of Blue's head "Kept him? This dog is never leaving me"

Baxter's family got a dog before everything fell apart. He was the only stable thing in his life, I assumed with his Dad six feet under and his Mother being AWOL he would have rehomed him. I'm glad he didn't though, they were inseparable and clearly still are.

"Well, you are still the most adorable doggy I ever did see" I say in my dog voice everyone seems to have. He stomped his little paw with excitement, he truly is adorable.

"You've had a long day, you must be tired" Baxter says as I stand up, I brush Blue's fur of me but I'm soon reminded it's a losing battle.

I yawn with sudden tiredness washing over me, I see him smile "Your sofa is calling my name"

He smirks "You aren't sleeping on the sofa"

"Wow, I know I stole you on New Year's Eve but the floor is harsh"

My humour adds to his amusement "Skye, this is a two bed apartment" now I feel stupid. I close my eyes out of embarrassment "Even if it wasn't, you wouldn't be on the sofa"

His chivalry is another thing that makes Baxter, Baxter.

He moves his arm ushering me down another hall, his place is a maze. "I had a room mate but he got a job in another state, luckily the rent is ridiculously cheap" I've grown to learn Baxter is quite a private person. "And it's dog friendly" he smirks looking down at the smiley Blue, dogs seem to know when we're talking about them.

We stop at the first door. "This is his, for the sake of your survival I'm going to advise you crash in my room and then we can sort it out tomorrow" he says blocking the door

"Was he that bad?" I ask apprehensive of the dreaded room.

He turns the handle opening the door. The stench of cologne makes my eyes water. "Oh my god" I moan wafting the air. Even Blue whimpered and ran down the hall.