Vulnerable

Grayson's POV

It had only been 5 minutes since Skye left and it was already too long, maybe coming along wasn't the best idea. I still don't understand why I feel like this, we aren't a thing. She can barely stand me and when she does she makes fun of me but I find it annoyingly attractive. I fight back but just so I can get more.

I heard her voice call through the speakers snapping me out of my emotional spiral "Alby"

Sensational, the flirting had already begun.

Brooke pulled up a screen full of information on this said Alby person. It was quite insightful, I was relieved when I saw what he looked like. Sure, he was handsome and strong but he also looked double Skye's age.

If that was bad, the bartender was much, much worse. His profile was pretty impressive and his handsome looks didn't comfort me.

"You good?" Brooke whispered nudging me

I tore my eyes away from the screen "best I've been"

"Ugh, Skye's sarcasm is rubbing off on you"

Her glared indicated she wasn't quite satisfied with my aversion. "What?"

She shook her head and looked back at the screen "Oh, nothing. It's just I was nearly burned by the raging jealousy in your eyes"

I wanted to fight back but I couldn't, there's only so much brushing off I can do without it looking over defensive.

I wanted to storm in when he made comments about how she looks and gave her a shot. He's buying her drinks and flirting not to mention she's a minor, god I hate this guy.

"I'm going in boys" came through. We all adjusted waiting for that we all came for. I was relieved the flirt fest way over but now it's the big deal.

I'd researched Marco previously so I knew what we were dealing with and his record is lengthy. It doesn't surprise me he's in some sort of trouble.

"I see you didn't bring the muscle" he said in a mocking manner. He'd really addressed us as 'the muscle' he just walked into a whole lecture on women's independence.

She happily declined his offer of a drink which I assume wasn't the water kind. She has her sensible head now on well, her work head at least.

"I don't have all day Marco" Her feist roars out of, nothing intimidates her.

"I need you" I shot my head at Axel expecting him to go crazy at this creepy man saying he needed her but instead he listens intently, seemingly unbothered.

"A lot of people want me" I recognise her flirtatious voice and how many times she's used it on me. She's right, it does come naturally to her.

She controlled the conversation which to me just made her more appealing. She's a girl who knows what she wants and won't take no for an answer.

Everything seemed pretty standard but the word FIRE came up. Everyone stirred paying more attention. Did he know Skye was framed?

There was no way she was backing out of this one now and I know for sure this isn't going to be a short plan. I knew she wouldn't let this situation go anyway but now she has more reason to solve the mystery. He just added fuel to the fire. Pun intended.

After some intense bargaining and questions Marco finally came to his senses and gave into her terms. I didn't think he would, but desperate times call for desperate needs.

Her threat was enough to make any man crumble but being the cruel and messed up people we are labelled as, we actually found it normal. Axel and Blake looked rather impressed.