A win to a lose

Skye's POV

I found myself stealing glances at Grayson in the halls and in class, occasionally being caught but the smirk is always returned, between that and the secret trips to empty classrooms my mind was getting foggier and foggier. Not knowing where I stand drives me crazy but maybe it's a good thing.

"You don't have to be so lovey dovey in the halls, people get you're a thing" Brooke smirked unloading her bag into her locker.

I rolled my eyes at her; my view was slightly blocked by Grayson leaning closer resting his arm against the lockers

"I can't believe you're bailing on me"

My Dad had a few things he needed doing, naturally I asked Grayson to do them with me but he had to blow me off for homework annoying, but looks like it's a brother sister job. When Axel gets the chance he's like a loose dog

"You can have me all day tomorrow" he grinned pushing one of my curls behind my ear.

I poked his shoulder glaring at him "All day? Wow Gray you're becoming clingy" He chuckled at my playful comment

He leaned even further whispering in my ear "I'm not the one who's fallen asleep cuddling me the last two evenings"

I didn't know whether to hit him or laugh so, I did both. He's never stayed with me, I promised myself I wouldn't be the girl from all the books and movie who lets a guy in her bed as soon as they get close. Parts of me are still denying the fact I've let him into my life.

My phone buzzes, popping the for once normal conversation bubble I so wanted to keep for a while.

I slide my hand away from Grayson's neck allowing me to discover who the person to blame was.

"Everything okay?" Grayson asked. I quickly locked my phone slipping it into my back pocket, doing my best to hide who it was.

"Perfect. I'll see you tomorrow Handsome"

"If you're lucky" he winked making my mouth gape, he did not just sass me like that. I believe he's become more sarcastic since he's moved here, I will take responsibility but not blame. If anything, it's made him better, being nice is overrated but being blunt and sarcastic is a fine art.

~~~

"Brother" My voice mimicked Damon from The Vampire diaries. Blake found it amusing but Axel rolled his eyes probably scarred from being forced to watch it.

I joined the two in the what I like to call weapon vault "I didn't know you were joining us"

"I'm not. I've got a date with Mia but, I couldn't leave little Axel on his own" I knew it was in jest but the sound of Axel cocking his gun wasn't as amusing.

"Call me little again, I dare you" Blake raised his hands in surrender, such idiots. "Love you too Brother. I'll see you later" he's brave and stupid but he gave a hug on the way out leaving me and Axel to get ready.

"You threaten him way too much"

"Maybe one day I'll finish the job" I smacked him but it only made his smug grin bigger. It's not often you get a genuine smile from my brother.

"Leave my second brother alone" I shot him my evil eyes

He threw his head back in frustration "He's not related to us for hell sake"

"Either way I prefer him more than you sometimes"

His face went to rage mode "YOU LITTLE"

I walked away before he could finish his sentence. He makes it too easy to wind him up still, seeing him annoyed is always a highlight of my day.