Hypothetically

Skye's POV

"Excuse you" the high pitch voice spits

I slowly turn to look at her wearing my don't push it glare "Oh, it's you" she sounds surprised, she brushes down her pink fitted blouse, I thought she'd abide by the mean girls rule and only wear pink on Wednesdays.

"Nice seeing you too Jessica" I fake smile.

"You look more pissed off than normal"

I narrow my eyes at her, I'm shocked she has any brain cells left. I let a heavy breath out and continue my storm out

"Hey" she calls, making me stop

"I never got to properly say thanks for you know, not killing me" her words seem genuine, her whole bitchy tone has vanished

"You caught me on a merciful day"

She lets out a small laugh, it's sweet and girly. I'm sure a lot of people prefer that then her snarky laugh she uses at others misfortunes. "I'm sorry about your leg too"

I shrug my shoulders "You saw a chance and you took it, I'd do the same, but I wouldn't recommend doing it twice"

Her green eyes that are masked by her classic smoky eye shadow widen "I definitely witnessed why people fear the Red's first hand" normally I would smirk but my mouth stops at a small smile

"Well, families are complicated so"

She cocks her head "Still, yours would die for each other unlike mine who have a secret life half way across the globe"

I frown in sympathy "That's rough" "If you need a punching bag, I'll let you know when Tyler's up and running"

She laughs "How's he doing?" she seems to have some compassion in her stone heart

"He's alive. This is Tyler, he'll be back to his usual obnoxious self soon"

Seconds from the bell ringing I walked away, while I still could. Adding to the list of differences, Jessica acting like a civilized teenager and not a complete brat. Her Dad keeping a whole other life secret sounds harsh, I can't help but wish I set up a second life too.

~~~

Sweat droplets run down my burning hot forehead, but that hasn't stopped me punching the punching bag for the last hour.

The best place for me was my training unit. It's quiet and even better, nobody knows I'm here.

Every brutal blow let's out a word from the classroom but, I fear no matter how long I stay here and beat the imaginary bag of problems will never be enough.

I have a game plan, like everyone else in my life. Mine being the less people involved the better. That's my type of damage control.

I give one last beastly jab to the warn bag and step back. My knees offer me support as I recover.

The shiny knives on the wall are enough to tempt me into staying here forever. I kitted this place up for a reason, it's like my deadly playground.

Round and rounds thrown at the board soon relieving tension.

"Damn it" I curse as a blade slices my hand, it clangs when it slips through my fingers onto the ground.

My ruby red blood has already made an appearance. The stupid medical box isn't so stupid anymore. It's a minor cut but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

~~~

Seeing as I ditched my car when I decided to depart my home, I lost my method of transport. Fortunately for me, I have a car parked under the training building, meaning I could get back to the apartment without having to walk a tedious 50 minutes.