Taste of normality

Skye's POV

The last few days have definitely been odd but that was mainly due to the feud between Grayson and Baxter dissolving. Seems like the mutual hatred towards Tyler bonded them together, not what I imagined but I'm not going to complain. They claim they only 'dislike' him but I know they will only tolerate him until we stop the fire operation.

Miss. Valerie's studio was reported as a very quick gas leak that took a turn for the worse. Of course, we knew the truth but it's dangerous putting the actual cause to the public, especially with our involvement.

"What are our plans tonight?" Grayson asks sneaking up on me while I'm in my locker, jack ass.

I glare at his smug face "Nothing if you keep pulling that" he wears a pout and puppy dog eyes. "What do you want?"

"You, me. Date"

It goes against all my beliefs about romance being stupid but maybe it's because I've never been asked on an actual date, that probably explains the slight excitement in my stomach.

"Fine, but there better be food and keep the cringe to the minimum" his smile was a perfect sight.

He pulls me closer kissing me tenderly, so much for no public affection, it's not as bad as I thought it would be though. My phone starts buzzing, the last time I took a call like this it wasn't the finest hour.

I reach for it and dread hits me harder than before.

'Talk to me brother'

I could practically hear his eye roll over the phone.

'I need to speak to you after you leave the hell of education'

I smirk finding his hatred of normality funny 'No can do, I have a date' I wink at Grayson, I spot the slight blush he had

'Too bad it's not a choice'

I groan but agree.

'Oh, and by the way. If you're going to get Taylor to tap the security cameras at school at least make it subtle'

'Very observant but we had to make sure you weren't going to kill precious Tyler'

'I'm sure he'll appreciate the concern'

I hang up the phone after he told me he wasn't joking about it being an option. It can be such an ass and a mysterious one at that, it better be worth my time.

Grayson looked deflated "Is this the part where you blow me off?"

"Nope. He'll just have to wait. What is he going to do, kill me?" he laughs, glad his own secret plan was still going ahead.

"How'd you know Taylor was controlling the cameras?"

"Simple" I point towards the one looking at us "It's never that direct, they tried to be discreet and angle it slightly but I can notice it" I shifted slightly to the next one "It's aimed a bit too far to the right making it just above"

"Tyler's locker" Grayson finishes. They forget I notice fine details and I've seen this happen before.

"Want to mess with them?"

He smirks at my devious idea and nods. I pull him in to which he complies suddenly but smooth. Feeling his lips on mine is all I needed, the one thing nobody else has and just what I need, constantly if I could.

My phone buzzes again, I pull it out and open the text. I laugh showing it to Grayson

'Tell lover boy to get off my sister before I shoot him'