Headlines

Skye's POV

"TYLER"

I run over to his bed dropping the bag of snacks. "Miss me?" he asks with his husky throat. His weak smile grows a little bigger when I lean down for a hug.

He groans "Oh, sorry" I say pulling away. I need to remember he's still fragile, I'm just happy.

"How long have you been awake?"

He pushes his hair back "A few hours"

"And how do you feel?" Baxter even sounds happier

He tilts his head "Like I've been in a rolling car crash" he smirks

My jaw drops "We've been worried and you're being sarcastic?"

"Hey, I'm the wounded, I can do whatever" he laughs.

I pull up a chair and take a second to adjust to the situation. "I bet you're pissed a car put me in a hospital bed before you did" Tyler grins looking at Baxter

"Only a little but I'm glad your back dude" Baxter leans forward and daps up Tyler.

I didn't think this would happen today, someone has to be looking out for us.

"Fill me in" Tyler says unwrapping a sweet from the selection we have, we thought it would just be the two of us but there's enough "Because I did not take a hit to lose" he crunches on his sweet awaiting the long length tale.

I explained the family fall out, the Wolves are dividing and the whole new mystery.

"Hold on" he slowly pushes himself up the bed, his face shows discomfort but like me he tries to mask it "The nurses said I was out for a few days, not a few years" Baxter nearly chokes on his drink

I sigh "Things move quick around here"

He raises his eyebrows "understatement"

"BUT! Your job is to get better. Don't worry about what's going on"

He scowls at me "No way. There's a whole new mystery and by the looks of it your side is a party of two"

I can't exactly disagree "So, you're going to need every person in this room"

"I can always stop the doctor from discharging you" I reply in a snarky manner

He grins nodding his head "I can still shoot from a wheel chair. I'll bust out"

Other than the obvious bruising and cuts Tyler looks so much stronger. Harvey came in to do a few more tests but even he's surprised with his rapid progress, trust the process they say. Having another person behind gives me some reassurance, it sure does make me feel better.

Hours pass and it's time to go, Baxter does still have work. I leave a few sweets and drinks on his table.

"Hey Skye" he shouts before we leave making me stop in my tracks and look back

"You owe me a car"

I roll my eyes "I'm aware Tyler. But I'm getting you a better one"

He shrugs his shoulders "Works for me. Silver never was my colour"

With that we left him to laugh on his own. Walking through the corridors doesn't seem as dark and gloomy anymore. Hearing his voice again took a weight off my chest, he doesn't seem overly bothered about the whole event.

"I told you he'd stand by you" Baxter gloats in my ear

I push his shoulder making him stumble to the side "Okay know it all"