The Lions den!

Skye's POV

Grayson didn't have much of a chance to be a back seat driver due to my speed addiction and super car.

People could hardly take their eyes off it even the rich kids looked outdated. I wish I could relive the look on Jessica's face when she saw us, it wasn't so much the car she was stunned by, it was seeing Grayson and I together, she's not winning this one.

"You understand the plan?"

Grayson nodded his head clearly bored the question I had asked.

Lawton casino is owned by the Poisons, much like all of us it's a cover up for one thing or another but the Poisons pride themselves on their casinos.

From what we heard from the club the Gunners should be there, leaving only one other leading suspect for the fires. VIPERS!

My theory is if Grayson gets to the private table we'll get more of an insight. They're completely oblivious as to who he is.

I smile innocently over the desk "If you say so"

A loud slam sounded the office caused by the collision of the heavy leather bag and the desk.

Grayson looked between me and the bag, I ushered him to look. He was stunned, the obsessive blinking gave that away.

"This is a lot of money Wolfie, if I lose it it'll take me forever to pay it back"

His worried state was adorable even my Dad found it amusing "Luckily it's not my money"

Grayson's eyes shot to mine dazed. "It's mine, is that so hard to believe?"

"No, but the point still stands"

"It's fine, I'll sugar Mummy you" I couldn't contain my smirk, he cringed beyond usual

Shaking his head acting like a shiver went through his spine "Please never say that again"

I nodded and walked to his side of the desk. I delved into the bag retrieving the wads of cash. I tucked them into the inside pockets of his suit jacket. He had to be semi-formal at least. They won't let any riffraff in.

"And don't worry, I don't intend to get a lot of this back maybe just a little would be nice"

"You have no faith in me"

I have little faith in most things but especially situations I can't control. "I'm a realist" I straightened his collar and we were ready, or at least in theory.

~~~

The flashing lights and obnoxiously big signs made our town feel like it was in Las Vegas. The bigger the better or so they believe, in my opinion the bigger the more they're trying to cover. That is why the Wolves have always remained number one, we upkeep intelligence whereas the others don't think about the bigger picture.

A pair of glasses caught my eye reminding me of a final detail "You need to wear these" I handed Grayson the glasses

"Really Skye? You're worried about my fashion sense"

His chuckle showed how funny he finds himself "Nope, just put them on" He was to slow for my liking so I put them on for him, he suited them. They made him look older, if only they made him cooler.

"Look at the screen"

Taylor being the genius he is made a custom pair "You can see what I see. Where's the camera?" He took them off and scanned, as if he would find anything.

"It's not visible to the naked eye, as long as you have them on you'll be fine"

He had no complaints to me making the final adjustments. There was only one thing left, something he needed.

"One last thing" he brought his eyes back to mine. My hand glided along his cheek, I quickly pulled him close fixing his lips with mine. My breath hitched when he kissed back.

We broke apart resting out foreheads on each-others.

"Good luck Handsome" my soft voice caused a playful smile to appear on his lips.

He straightened up giving me one sneaky peck before walking away. Dumb ass.

~~~

One thing we couldn't risk was being caught which meant no wire or ear piece. The glasses were a push, they should pay off but anything else was too risky.

I gave him clear instructions; Baxter's cousin is on table six. He'll know what to do, maybe with two brains we'll get somewhere.

Thankfully he made it to table six, at least he listened to that. Baxter and his cousin looks so alike it's eerie but understandable since the whole related thing.

The table was full of the usual business men, some wanting a rush and some needing money desperately due to their failing businesses. One man which I assume had run out of cash making an open seat, which had Grayson's name all over it.

"I thought you said he was dealing in our favour" My Dad said staring at the screen referring to the poor hand Grayson had received.

"He is, I told him to throw the first round"

My plan made sense which impressed him, I was one step ahead.

He lost as I expected. The others became confident but it didn't last long, Grayson had been having a rather impressive winning streak. A smile grew on my face knowing he was using what he learnt along with the generous cards. The chips were raking up, at least my money was going to good use. The longer he played the emptier the table got.

The picture on the screen finally changed drawing us away from the green table. Grayson got up from the table and started walking. In hopes he was heading for the private room.

"Bingo"

I smirked at my Dad "Actually it's poker" His glare made it clear I should pick my moment but it would have been a missed opportunity.

To our relief Grayson was in fact in the private room. It wasn't until we got a look at who was present when we realised we had in fact sent him into the Lion's den.

The majority filled middle aged men, whom looked passed their prime. I had assumptions on who they were but if anyone know them it would be my Dad.

"Poisons, Gunners, Vipers" I pointed to three individual men to which he nodded in agreement. They were all here. This could get nasty.

One man remained, if only I could shout for Grayson to move his damn head. He caught a few glimpses but not enough.

Two rounds in and I was fully convinced Grayson had been playing us, he knew what he was doing. The others came to gamble he came to play, he was making a complete embarrassment of them. It could go either way, he'll come out alive or seriously hurt I wouldn't go as far as dead but nearest too.

The last hand was dealt. The air was thick with cigar smoke, to what I can imagine doesn't bother him since I discovered his secret. Everyone's eyes remained on their cards, poker faces weren't their strong point, too much bourbon in their system.

My eyes fixated on the screen when I saw him push all chips in. ALL IN! he better know what he's doing.

The table was in shock too. Cards were laid flat, they were good, winning even. Until Grayson showed his.

ROYAL FLUSH!

"How has he managed that?" I asked in amazement

My Dad was impressed "I don't know but he's done it. He just needs to get out now"

Minutes passed as he was awaiting his winnings. Finally, his head turned to face the mystery man.

My body went into over drive in confusion "Are you seeing what I'm seeing right now?"

He nodded his head once, confirming the dreaded answer.

LORENZO!

He's alive!