He's the fix to her addiction

Skye's POV

I bend down to inspect my suspicion. "Looks like we've got ourselves a hidden tunnel" the other gathered around not looking nearly as curious as me. Some of the best things are hidden.

I dust off the rubble covering the drain cover. Wafting away the various types of dust from the air, I wrap my hand the small and barely existing handle. It seems as if they wanted this hidden. What a shame for them.

It didn't smell anything like I thought, I had hoped it wouldn't be a sewer and luckily, I was right. It being patch black doesn't help though.

I'm always prepared. I shine the touch I keep on me down which again didn't reveal a lot, it did show a small ladder but that's about it. "Who's going down?" Blake questions looking nervous, he's not exactly a fan of heights

"I'm going down"

Axel grabs my arm pulling me back "Why do you always have a death wish?"

"I don't know it must be genetic" I mock, he rolls his eyes and drops my arm.

Suddenly an idea pops in my head, I reach for a rock nearby, this place really is a mess. I drop the rock to see how long it takes to connect to the ground. I finally hear it and it sounds like a clear hit, no splashes meaning a less chance of water "Like I said, I'm going down there"

Axel, Blake and Grayson expressions match, they look at me like I'm crazy. My Dad knew I'll do it despite what anyone says or thinks.

"It's less than 15 feet, I can do this is my sleep" I defend,

They nod but still not looking impressed. I lower down putting my right foot on the first step of the ladder. It creaks, even I'm doubting this now.

"I really should have written my will by now. Everything I own goes to Vanessa and whatever devil child her and Axel make" I shout up.

I hear Blake groan, the small amount of light coming from the hole is suddenly blocked. I look up to see a pouting Blake "That's not fair, I've known you longer" in my mind I'm thinking that's exactly why he isn't getting anything, he's annoyed me for too many years.

The ladder becomes increasingly rickety, I let go and landing with a heavy thud. I sigh out of relief.

The pitch black is unnerving. My flashlight exposes a narrow tunnel leading to some sort of room. I follow it cautiously; the walls are dark and the damp smell assaults my nose.

My eyes go wide when I step into the room. It consisted of computer screens, investigation boards and a desk full of files.

A lamp situated on the desk caught my eye, I turn it on lighting the room up leaving no purpose for my torch anymore.

I explore every board. Majority of them are empty, I assume since they have struck the places they had planned. I scan the files and pull out my phone.

Within two rings it picks up

"How can I help sunshine?" Taylors cheery voice says on the other side. He definitely wouldn't answer like that to my brother.

"Hey, can you and your little apprentice run a few things through the system" I hear Brooke yell "I heard that dumb ass"

I giggle and reply "I love you too baby" I can guarantee Taylor's rolling his eyes at mine and Brooke's playful banter.

I read out a few things making sure they have it all I do a quick investigation of the room and return to the stairs making sure I had turned the lamp off.