The phone call

Skye's POV

I stride down the prison walls once again. I didn't think I'd be here for a second visit.

"Aww the wolf princess is back" Lorenzo smirks as I take my seat.

His eye had taken a pretty bad hit, with a scab on the top of his brow. His smirk is lopsided from his swollen lip.

"Looks like you've pissed someone off"

He shrugs "Eh, win some you lose some" he's so casual at his obvious defeat

"Why are you here?"

I scowl "That's hardly a way to welcome a lady"

"You aren't a lady Skye. You're X"

I nod, he makes a fair point "I need some more information"

"What happened to slow and steady?" he questions

"Well, you see, that isn't really working out. And before you say you don't know anything, I know all about your little phone call to the creep who's been camping out at my bar for the last 2 weeks"

He looks shocked, obviously he underestimated me. Again! "Your bar?"

"Oh, did your brother not tell you" I smirk leaning over "I co own the bar now"

He pulls at his cuffs and hits the table, the guard rushes in but I smile letting him know Lorenzo's just a little sensitive today.

"Come on Lorenzo. You seriously didn't think I wouldn't monitor everything you do?"

He growls but lowers his head back to my innocent smile "Here's the deal"

"You said you didn't do deals, especially with me"

I put my hand on my heart "Aww, it's so sweet you remembered what I said" he rolls his eyes "But this deal just so happens to work in both favours"

"Now" I smile "You're going to tell me what he said and what your plan which is most likely extremely stupid is, so that I can take Arthur down and move onto the next maniac, because we're never short on those"

"What's in it for me?" he says in is grumpy manner

"You can keep your phone call privileges and, I'll make sure who ever made you look like you've had an anaphylactic shock stays well away from you"

I know he's in no position to decline. It doesn't take long for him to say "He's my insider, he worked for me before I partnered with Arthur. He's keeping me in the loop and I'm giving him instructions so he can keep my stuff away from Arthurs firing line"

I smile, I got just what I want "I'm going to need every place Arthur can be right now"

He gives me a total of 2 places, I thought it would be a lot more. Even so, I take the names and get up to go "Skye" I turn back to a rather sincere looking Lorenzo, maybe monsters can care "How is my brother?"

"Marco. He's Marco, he survives" I sometimes wonder how

He nods his head and says "Just prepare for a lot of people to get hurt, not many make it out alive from things like this"

I swallow the lump in my throat "I know" I whisper and open the heavy metal door.

~~~

"Let me get this right. You went to Lorenzo got a whole new lead and you believe him enough to actually go to these places?" He sounds so sceptical.

I roll my eyes "Yes, I do believe him because he has a whole lot to lose if he screws me over"

"What's the threat exactly?"

I tighten my blades on my arm "Only his phone privileges and his life" I smile focusing back on him, he's crossed his arms staring at me like he's not surprised but completely baffled, I'm always the one for conflicting emotions.

"Okay" he agrees and we get in the car.

"Ugh" I moan pulling a star out of one of Arthur's minions. This is the second place we've been and still not a sight of him. "WHERE IS HE?" I yell. He doesn't reply, I slash a little bit deeper. "I SAID WHERE IS HE?" he shakes his head as he blabs like a baby. "Useless" I groan letting him out of my grip, he falls on his back next to the other guys.

I will admit, Arthur has some stronger guys than before. He no longer has Lorenzo as back up so I expected it but according to Lorenzo Arthur helped put him behind bars. I may be annoyed but I'm not giving up.

~~~

"Why can't we just call your Dad and see if we can figure this out together?" Baxter asks standing behind the bar

I evil eye him as I look up from my drink "Because that defeats the whole point" "Besides, when Arthur is found it'll be because he wants to and he'll make sure I'll be the only one to figure it out" I tilt my head "Just trust me on this one please"

He sighs "Fine"

"Now, how about a midnight Skye" I smirk

I splash my face with cold water in the bathroom, Baxter insists I stop beating myself up about not getting any closer, but it's hard when I'm on a tight rope and juggling every problem at once.

I hop back onto my stool feeling slightly calmer than before when my phone starts buzzing.

*Grayson*

Without hesitation I pick up the phone and hold it to my ear.

'Grayson'

The silence on the other line makes my heart pound

'Gray?'

The silence is filled but a spine chilling chuckle

'Skylar'

There is only one person that calls me Skylar

'Where is Grayson?'

'I'll give you a hint' he says stopping his laughter only to be replace it with his smug voice 'Through the river, the lake the deep blue sea... the woods, the trees and whatever means. You will always see me'

I feel Baxter's presence but the words make a new rage of fury rise, the type that makes me go for blood!

'I swear to god if you touch him' I say with gritted teeth

'Better get here quick' he patronises

'SKYE, DON'T' Grayson shouts it last thing I here before the line goes dead.

My body freezes in shock.

"Skye"

"Through the river, the lake the deep blue sea... the woods, the trees and whatever means. You will always see me" I repeat out loud

"Skye, what does that mean?" Baxter asks with urgency "Skye, Who was that?"

"Arthur"