Slashes for Slashes

Skye's POV

After a feast fit for a queen and the longest Christmas movie marathon in history the house is restored to peace. Most left in a food coma. The boy's eyes are too big for their stomachs however, the don't back down for a challenge.

I look down to Grayson sound asleep, he has a calming nature about him. It still doesn't help me sleep. I brush his messy brown hair from his forehead with a smile.

I slipped out of bed gathering a hoodie in stealth mode in attempts of not stirring him awake.

I carefully lift my window up letting in the sharp breeze in, the sudden coldness runs through me but it feels good. I climb out taking one last glance at Grayson before stepping onto the small roof.

I lower the window leaving a small crack to allow me back in. I turn to find I'm not alone out here.

They didn't notice me. "What brings you out here?" I ask sitting next to them

"Can't sleep" He answers not taking his eyes away from the nice view in front of us. "That makes two of us" I smirk bringing my legs to my chest.

"Why'd you let me stay?" Tyler's face is lit with the moonlight. His bruises are starting to heal but the purple colour is still present. He stares awaiting my answer.

I huff "I'm still trying to figure that out" a small amused sigh comes from him

"Maybe because I feel somewhat to blame. If you didn't turn on your Father he wouldn't have harmed you"

That was the first time I had let the truth out. I didn't explain myself to anyone, I had to reassure Grayson but nobody tried to convince me otherwise.

"Nobody is to blame except Arthur himself" He harshly states. As much as I want to stop everything he's right, this is something I couldn't prevent.

A minute silence passed before he asks "Why did you stop them killing me?"

"What is this 20 twenty questions?" I laugh due to my hopes of stalling.

It is clear he isn't going to let it slide. "You hurt me Tyler" he looks guilty as he should "But, as much as I hated you I still care. You weren't always bad to me"

"Hated? Past tense?" he asks with a small glimmer of hope.

I roll my eyes "You are far from being my favourite person but so far you've kept true to your word. Betraying your Father doesn't come easily and for that you're off of my hit list" he chuckles a little.

"You know I never meant to hurt you" I glare at him questioning the stupid statement. He swallows a lump in his throat "Arthur had been threating me for weeks. It was about a grand scheme he had with an ally away from the wolves" He's been working with Lorenzo a lot longer than I thought.

"All I knew was Jessica's family was somehow wrapped up in it. I had to build a relationship with her and destroy my one with you. I hated it. Every second" His eyes were glazing and his words sounded genuinely sorrow.

"I never did anything with her. I didn't even want to be around her but I had no choice"

"You could have told me we could have worked something out" he turns back to me.

He shakes his head "I wasn't going to drag you into this mess. Like you said betraying your own blood doesn't come easy" he looks back to the view

"I didn't tell him about my plan with Jessica. So, when he found out what happened and Red knew he was furious, worse than I've ever seen. I still have scars where he beat me"