A Red Christmas

Skye's POV

Exhaustion is an understatement of what I'm feeling. Turns out Christmas preparations, a whole show and an intense meeting takes a toll on my body.

As I assumed the secretive men in my family did have a whiff of what happened to Tyler. I thought I'd have to argue my way out of the whole accommodation but turns out my Dad somewhat approved. I won't say Axel was doing cartwheels about it but he didn't attempt to kill him this time.

"Dude you're burning holes through my door"

Grayson snaps his head to me "Dude?" his offence is priceless

"Well, it got your attention didn't it?" I say sarcastically inching closer to the bottom of my bed where he is situated.

He rolls his eyes turning his head back. "hey" I snap moving his face back to mine. "Why the grumpy mood? You were fine earlier?" His mopey look has yet to vanish.

That's when it clicks "This is about Tyler isn't it?"

His eyes fix to mine as I finally figure out what he wouldn't tell me. "I'm not exactly excited about his presence"

"Sooo, stay over" I exarate making sure he got my point

He points to the door "I would but your ex seems to have taken that room"

I smirk "I think we're way passed sleeping in different rooms"

A smile grew on his face "It's your choice. You either go home or stay with me" I move closer and whisper into his ear "choose wisely handsome" I get up from the bed seeing him with closed eyes.

I make it a couple steps away until my arm pulls me back landing me on top of him.

"Well, I think I have my answer" he plants my neck with kisses making me giggle.

~~~

Just like assumed we spent the night watching movies that are still too romantic for my taste but, I don't completely hate them anymore.

I wake from my slumber to see the sun already up. My alarm reads 9am. This is late compared to my younger years where every hour felt like a lifetime. Never the less Christmas day is here.

I look to my right seeing a cosy Grayson. The small ray of sun radiated on his cheek making it feel criminal to take him from his peaceful state.

A light poke wasn't sufficient to wake him so I resort to affection. I kiss his cheek lightly; his straight lipped face turns to a sleepy grin. His arm stretch but he pulls me back down next to him.

I giggle as he nuzzles his head in the crock of my neck moaning in comfort. I brush my hand through hair only fuelling his sleepiness. "Merry Christmas" I smile, he squeezes me tighter not wanting to use his words.

"Gray, it's Christmas morning and I can smell my Mum's cooking"

He groans sniffing air, he shares my reaction. Heavenly. "Okay" he caves. He quickly kisses my nose "Merry Christmas gorgeous" he chuckle at my blush, I roll my eyes and push him off.

I moved to the door only to realise I'm only wearing Grayson's shirt and a matching red lace set that nobody other than the person in this room should see. I turn on my heels to gather my clothes. I changed into a black vest top and red tartan joggers. Grayson was sat watching me still comfortable in the sheets, he was shielding his face from the sun but at least it was keeping him awake.

The further down the stairs I went the more noise I was hit with. I stroll into the kitchen to find a completely full room.

Vanessa and my Mum flipping pancakes on the stove. Tyler half way through a stack, he sure seemed to be settled in. Axel watching Vanessa with a smile although he probably didn't notice he was doing it. Brodie for sat grinning at his phone on the end stool.