NYE

Skye's POV

The cold breeze hitting my skin feels like heaven as I sit on the top of a rocky view point. This place is a hidden gem, nobody really knows about it. There's lots of high places but I'm usually alone here.

I never imagined I would be sat here on New Year's Eve. Alone. I've walked out of the Wolves, even if my family made me feel like an outsider, I didn't think it would ever go this far.

The cars speeding past all the way down at the bottom don't scare me like they did at the start of the week. Instead, I start making scenarios in my head about where they're going. Some to see their loved ones, some to drive out of town and some to drive to clear their head much like I'm doing.

"There you are" a deep voice says, dust blows next to me as his shoes scuff to sit next to me.

I don't turn to face him I keep my focus on the passing cars "How'd you find me?"

"It was simple really. When you clear you head you either go to the studio or you escape here"

I smirk "Not just a pretty face"

"What's going on in that brain?"

I crock my head and look down to the drop "Figuring out the best way to jump off of this cliff"

He senses the sarcasm and lightly hits my leg. His chuckle is music to my ears, it disappoints me when it stops "I'm sorry for being a bitch back there. I shouldn't have taken it out on you"

He nudges me which makes me face him "You are forgiven but right now it will be a lot easier to help if I know what's going on"

I groan "Why does everyone think I need help"

His eyes go wide "Woah. Okay, you don't need help, but clearly something is wrong and I don't like an unhappy Skye"

I take a deep breath, I need to control my emotions "Where do I start?"

"That bad?" he questions, his face is stunned

I nod with a frown "I found out blood doesn't always run thicker than water" he scrunches his face "I walked out. My Dad ordered me to stand down and everyone agrees. Even my best friend" my words became quieter.

"Brooke?"

I nod, saying it out loud made it hurt even more "Well, that's bullshit" he replies

"you thought I was a part of it didn't you? that's why you snapped"

I hum giving him the quick answer. There's a moment of silence

"At least I have one of the two people I want right now"

He hugs his knees to his chest, we both look onto the view "I'm guessing the other isn't Grayson"

A sad amused sigh escapes me "I know he doesn't like Tyler but I didn't the hatred was as deep as letting him burn"

"This whole thing is my fault" I bow me head down

"Hey" he raises me head by my chin "That's not true"

"It is though Bax" once again I snap. "I was the one who dragged you all into this, and look where we are now. Tyler's in a hospital bed for Christ sake" "The ironic thing is if I had listened to you he would have driving and I would be him. I wish that were the case"

His eyes shine under the small amount of light left. Baxter doesn't carry the darkness around like the rest, he's loving. He uses the pad of his thumb to wipe the small droplet of my stray tear away.