That's why I'm called X

Skye's POV

I would be lying if I said the last couple days have been easy, I never get attached to anyone but apparently that changed when I met Grayson. Today isn't about him, strangely it's mainly about me. My birthday. That was enough to put a smile on my face.

I admired the brand new outfit Ava had sent for me, she's a dime for getting it here for the day.

Black skinny jeans matched with a white crop, basic but how I liked it, the custom oversized jacket made all the difference. It had different patches obviously in blue.

I straightened my hair and finished my makeup, I have to admit, I made a lot more effort than usual. My trusty boots finished the look and finally I was done.

I strolled down the stairs following the familiar mouth-watering smell of pancakes. I got half way down when a cannon noise along with shiny confetti flew in the air.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Brooke cheered tackling me as I stepped down walking through the confetti.

I hugged her tightly "I can't believe you're here at 8am" she giggled agreeing with me.

It was an interesting surprise but all I could think of was the food I could smell but not see, that needed to change.

"Good morning sweetie, happy birthday" As much as I loved my Mum's greeting I was dying to eat everything on the counter, she made the hug short since she knows me too well and knew I'd be eying it up.

Brooke and I dug in but something was off "I'm not complaining but, it's oddly quiet around here"

My Mum broke eye contact and scurried away to the fridge "Oh, the others are coming around later they had something on"

What a shame I think to myself "Looks like I'll have to eat all these pancakes by myself" I announce a little louder.

"PANCAKES!" a voice I recognised as Blake's yelled running into the room, I rolled my eyes as he ran in, he took the bait not that it wasn't obvious they would be here.

"Nice one dumb ass" Axel groans punching his arm, he groans rubbing his hand across the assaulted area, drama queen. He soon perked up when I slide him a plate over.

Axel gave me a hug wishing me happy birthday.

"Happy birthday Princess" My Dad cracked a smile kissing me on the cheek. Axel rolled his eyes, he's jealous he's not the baby of the family not that it's always a good thing anyway.

~~~

I escaped the mad house with enough energy to survive school. The halls atmosphere changed dramatically when Brooke and I entered.

"Looking good Skye" A senior whistled, I looked him up and down and carried on walking. It pissed the girl standing next to him off but his friends seemed to enjoy it.

I opened my fairly empty locker and an envelope flew out landing on the floor. I opened it out of curiosity

Skye,

Happy birthday X

Tye x

I swiftly closed the card and put it at the back of my locker. One of the blandest cards I've received but even so it's odd being sent a card from Tyler. What is his game?

Brushing that aside I had a whole 6 hours to get through.

As promised everyone was home when Brooke and I returned home.

I always find opening presents awkward, all the attention is on me. Luckily, my acting skills weren't needed, my gifts were perfect.

Vanessa bought me a couple new charms for my charm bracelet. She bought me the bracelet when I was little and gives me new charms every year. One was a little silver crown and the other a silver Key.