Black out

Skye's POV

This week has been a rollercoaster, and I'm waiting for it to flatline. On the revenge front I've made rapid progress, I found two more places Arthur was keeping and let's just say they aren't in one piece. I'm still yet to find the devil himself, he can run all he likes but he's too vain to hide, he wants his victory, whatever that is.

"Why am I only hearing about this now?" Brooke bites with her head in her locker

"Because it's personal"

She takes the letter from my hands "Well I don't count"

I roll my eyes at her best friends share everything rule. "It's a pretty deep letter"

"Gee, thanks Brooke. I hadn't noticed"

Her glare towards me made it known my sarcasm wasn't appreciated "So what's the deal with it? he's basically given you a clear conscience not to mention a free pass to do whatever you want again"

I steal the paper she is so casually wafting around "I know but there's just something in here that's bugging me"

The little cogs in her brain are turning so loud it's almost hard to walk "Hidden messages, like a code"

I sigh "For god sake Brooke" her eyes go wide "I've already said that, I swear you don't even listen half the time"

"Whatever" she mutters

I've re read Grayson's letter a least 100 times and I've tried to cypher his words but I can't find anything. I'm not giving up, there's something I can use, there's no way he's left. Not for good.

"Wait! He mentioned the ball" She exclaims stopping in her tracks

"Your point?"

"What if it's something to do with the hotel"

I shake my head "No, I've already been down that road. Same as the roof, nothing weird. Besides, nothing will happen in Axel's hotels he's upped his security so high I'm surprised there's enough room for them"

She groans a frustrated groan that I have come to use on a regular basis. I wish she was right and made a break-through but the sad truth is unless Arthur does something horrendous we aren't going to get him easily.

"I can't believe you're single again" she squeals

I pull her closer vigorously "Do you want to say that any louder?"

"Oops" she says trying to act innocent

"Does Baxter know?"

I turn to her weirdly excited face "No, I haven't showed him the letter if that's what you're hinting at" she wiggles her eyebrows "Brooke" I groan "Nothing's happening. We live together"

We arrive at our next class "Exactly, you live together. I'm just saying"

So much for team Grayson. I think she's just trying to get my mind off of him, she did the same with Tyler, she tried convincing me to ask out every living being, including Tyler's best friend. Looking back, that was pretty funny.

~~~

Friday has arrived and I have a whole new sudden motivation. I give the bar a miss and went food shopping instead. Baxter hasn't had a decent cooked meal in a life time, it's all precooked or pasta, which I basically live off of anyway.

I tidied the whole place and walked Blue. He's such a happy dog, everyone in the park loves him. The halls smell fresh thanks to my lavender mist I used. The kitchen is spotless, I have everything out ready. The biggest disadvantage of Baxter working at a club is that he doesn't come home till the early hours. Meaning, we don't eat together often, normally just breakfast. But, not tonight. Tonight we eat like Kings and Queens. A camembert cheese starter and a full steak meal, I even got the nicest bottle of wine I could find.