Waltz of rescue

Skye's POV

My family isn't one for subtlety at least not at these events. I never expected less since we're the wolves and the leaders at that.

The women were partly acting like they weren't daggering me and drawling over Grayson. They had not a care in the world as their husbands were busy no doubt plotting and familiarising themselves with the bar. However, there were a lot of friendly faces among the guests.

"SKYE!" A smiley red head called.

She brought me in for a hug which I broke away from Grayson to take part in. "Juliana, how have you been?"

"Incredible, Kody and I just moved into our new place, it's gorgeous, you should come visit soon"

Juliana was a wolf. We even trained together for a while although, she was older. Her Father is a wolf. She got involved with a guy called Kody who was a gunner at the time. It didn't go down greatly, as you can imagine. Even though the Wolves and Gunners are somewhat civil it was risky. It was a Romeo and Juliet tale which is ironic considering the similarity of her name. They both decided to take a step back and live a semi normal life. Even I believe it to be a romantic love story. One I could never imagine myself doing but I'm glad it worked out for them. They found love in a dark world.

"Don't temp me, a break from this place would be holy" she giggled, her eyes moved to Grayson who hadn't moves.

"Who's the eye candy?"

I reached for his hand bringing him forward, for someone who's confident he's weirdly awkward.

I rolled my eyes "Don't make his head any bigger"

"Grayson, Grayson Riley and you are?" when did he become so formal?

She tilted her head most likely surprised by the greeting too "Juliana, former Wolf"

"Don't let her fool you, she'll always be a wolf"

We chatted for a while. I've had a lot of run ins with former members but at least Juliana is clean. She has too much of a good life to not be clean, that I am certain about.

Finally, we had returned to the inner circle. I have a low tolerance for people at the best of times. Blake had cracked into the premium liquor and Axel was way too invested staring at Vanessa. It quite pleasant to see him consumed by someone who's a good influence. He used to be the devil, even though he was a softy around me I still noticed the bloody knuckles. That hasn't changed but, he's calmed down, the deadly unhealthy buzz left and was replaced by Vanessa. She's his saving grace. I just hope I don't need one of those.

"Shall we?" I glare at Grayson thinking he was joking but his smile told me otherwise. I shrugged my shoulders and took his hand.

Before we stepped foot on the ball room floor the music changed meaning one thing.

"I thought they weren't doing it this year" I said in panic

The others were equally confused "I didn't know but we don't have a choice now"

'PLEASE TAKE TO THE FLOOR FOR THE ANNUAL WALTZ'

The orchestra announced.

"Should I know what's going on?"

"Take my hand and I'll explain" Grayson gladly walked me to the floor.

They restarted the song which was 'Give me love by Ed Sheeran' It feels like the scene from The Vampire Diaries but on a bigger scale.

I lined us up with the other couples "Just hold me and dance, I step back and you'll spin me along"

His face turned to disappointment "You're telling me you have to leave me?"