His return

Skye's POV

Monday morning!

I groan waking up. Blue has taken residency in my room since I arrived, although, I moved out of Baxter's room.

We spent Sunday giving the spare room the biggest detox in history. It's so spotless and clean we no longer need a hazmat suit to stand in it. The deeper we got the worse it got, but, we're victorious.

I can see the lights on through the hall so Baxter's either awake or he's in for a big electric bill this month.

The beautiful smell of freshly brewed tea makes my sense of smell extremely happy. I yawn entering the kitchen. A mug is passed to me, I take it with pleasure.

"Excited for school?" Baxter asks trying to sound enthusiastic

"Thrilled" I fake smile.

Seeing Baxter in his empire is nice. I've struggled adjusting but he makes me feel welcome. He has himself sorted whereas I am a mess. I have an incredible man in front of me who's done things for me that I wasn't even aware of and yet my mind still wonders to Grayson. He stopped trying to talk to me on New Years day.

"So, should I be expecting a call to pick your ass up in the middle of the day?"

I shrug my shoulders. His eyes go wide "Oh, so you're going to behave?"

I tilt my head "Depends" "If I see my Brother or Blake" I lower my voice and talk slowly, sounding on the seductive side " A couple of the little pointy things I keep will go missing" he chuckles through a smirk, I lean closer to him stealing a piece of toast.

"I'd shower now if you don't want to be late"

I press my empty mug to his chest and wonder to his bathroom.

The hot water works wonders with my sore body. It also gives me a chance to play out the doomed to be awful day I have ahead of me.

I let my hair dry as I get changed. My fitted black t-shirt, black jeans, leather jacket and lace up boots are my amour today, like always, featured with a dangerous amount of blades.

My face has healed a good amount but it doesn't mean it's back to normal, thankfully concealer does the job. If I'm going to keep my threatening reputation up, I need to look the part.

~~~

I take a deep breath reaching the top step of the school entrance. Fake it till you make it they say.

The double doors swing open at the hands of me. Like a shark to bait, the whole hall has their eyes on me. Just because the news didn't print every detail doesn't mean word hasn't got out. I can thank social media and the art of rumours for that.

Some look at me with sympathy and others with surprise, something tells me they didn't think I was alive.

I keep my head up working the hall, still making the jocks quiver at my alpha dominance, somethings don't change.

Finally making it to my locker I have a minute to bury my head and relax. The bell rings. Signifying the first moment of peace in now broken, thanks universe. However, the sooner class is over, the sooner I can leave.

~~~

Two classes done, I should get a medal. So far, it's been non problematic that is until I see HIM.

He spots me at first glance and doesn't hesitate to make it known, all I can hear is the sound of his footsteps. I had an escape plan but when I turn I catch a glimpse of Brooke, luckily, she doesn't see me, she's too busy aimlessly staring at a book.