Twisted psychology

Skye's POV

I never imagined I would miss the loud, booze riddled club as much as I did until I saw the entrance to Lorenzo's. The name is gigantically flawed now considering Lorenzo is in fact alive and much eviller, maybe he was reincarnated by the devil.

The stench of vodka and tequila flooded my nose, they certainly had a kick to them. Alby the big friendly bouncer crosses me in the hallway. He narrow his eyes at me as he walks but gives me cheeky wink as he passes. Even he wouldn't be able to stop me, with or without Baxter's command.

Just as the thought of Baxter crossed my mind, he came into my sight. His face was drawn and frustrated.

"Before you..."

"What part of stay inside don't you understand?" he says cutting me off. His sudden sharp tongue was a good look on him

I glare at him but maintain my calm manner despite his rudeness "Like I said, before you go all doctor on me, I didn't come here alone"

Just on time Tyler's head pops through the entrance. He catches sight of us and casually strolls over. "Really? You brought the kid?"

I cock my head with a sarcastic smile "The kid is my new chauffeur. So, yes I brought Tyler" he smirks "You have an answer for everything don't you Miss Red?"

I nod my head reaching behind the bar to get a glass, I tap on the surprisingly clean bar, Baxter really does care about appearance.

Tyler eventually makes his way over, I swear he gets distracted by anything shiny. My desired drink is placed in front of me. The perfect coloured non alcoholic beverage I've ever had the pleasure to taste.

I take a sip and dramatically moan at how good it is "That good?" Tyler asks hopping on the stool next to me.

"Try it" I slide the glass closer to him, he brings it to his lips. "I'll take on of those" he laughs looking down mirroring my reaction.

"Sorry dude, the midnight Skye is an exclusive"

I hold back my laughter as Baxter shot Tyler down. He takes it with jest and rolls his eyes.

"Speaking of exclusive, where's your boss?"

Baxter shakes his head "I don't actually know"

This isn't right, even for Marco "New Year's Eve is in a few days, Marco never misses big events"

I down the rest of my drink and tap on the bar "Well, let me know if you hear from him. I'll be back soon"

I slip off the stool with Tyler behind me. I soon get pulled back "Are you okay?"

"Bax. You are the only person who never gives me the pity face so, please don't change now"

The pity fades by the concern remains "I'm serious Skye"

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"

He doesn't take the hint of a rhetorical question "I can think of plenty. Your leg is still busted and I'm mostly to blame for the whole Grayson thing"

I roll my eyes "My leg is fine and you aren't responsible. This is between me and him. Stop worrying and get hold of your boss before I bring his head back on a stick"

He laughs and pulls me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around him, his warmth gives me comfort, I really needed this.

"I know I volunteered to be your taxi but I could have had two drinks by now" Tyler complains from the doorway.