Bright lights

Skye's POV

The retched smell of burning hits the back of my throat, making breathing even harder. My sobs slow down but the sicken feeling doesn't settle.

I see a blank faced dark haired boy appeared. I no longer see him as a man due to his actions. He slowly approaches with his hands behind his head as he see the mess in front of him.

I break away from Axel and storm over to him, my blood boils even seeing him. His face drains of colour no doubt at my appearance. I vigorously push his chest making him stumble back.

"WHERE WERE YOU?" I shout pushing him back between every word

He sighs looking away from me and not even bothering to fight back. "Skye" he says with a shaky voice

"I SCREAMED FOR YOU!" I couldn't hold back anymore; my tears stream down my face. "I NEEDED YOU!"

But for once I was too tired and broken to fight.

I'm not wasting my energy on someone doesn't deserve it. I turn my back on Grayson and walk back to Axel, my head hanging low as my hand brushes through the tangled mess of my hair ; What isn't a mess right now?

Axel pulls me closer with his arm around my shoulder, his small act of comfort means more than he will ever believe.

"How can this be happening?" I whisper, not expecting a reply

I feel his breath hitch "I have no idea" I sense the astonishment laced in his voice. "Skye look"

I groan, not wanting to look at the tragedy I had escaped. "I'm serious" he squeezes my shoulder prompting me.

I can't believe my eyes. All the air is sucked out of my lungs. Everything freezes except the two figures I had cried for.

Blake emerges through the smoke. Axel and I sprint over, every step I take hurts more but there but nothing is going to stop me from getting to the other side.

"BLAKE" I scream as we're finally in reach

He catches me embracing me in a hug, I hold him tighter than ever before.

I had one person back meaning one less gut wrenching fatality.

"Tyler... he's... over there" He chokes coughing up smoke that had got trapped from the fire.

Axel and I's instantly look to each other. "GO!" he instructs while supporting Blake.

I follow where Blake pointed and found someone with their back to me.

"Tyler" I say instantly as I see him lying on the floor "how bad is he?" I ask the faceless male.

He turns to look at me. Now he's not such a stranger

"Bax?" I question, I did take a big blow to the head this could all be a hallucination.

He shoots me a small smile "I'm here Skye" he quickly shifts his focus back to Tyler. He looks rough, maybe beyond.

"He's still breathing but he's not in the best state. An ambulance should be here any minute" he says calmly checking Tyler's pulse

My head starts spinning as I try to comprehend the information being given. The day light starts triggering my eyes

"Skye, are you okay?" Baxter asks with concern

Speaking becomes a challenge "I'm fine just help Tyler" my breathing becomes deep and slow

Everything is fuzzy, I blink trying to focus but it gets worse.

I manage to see Baxter look at me "SKYE" "SKYE" "SKYE"